Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Dec 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Is June busy and am I crazy looking at booking with our 4 year old?

So our son is in reception but doesn’t turn 4 until August so thinking of taking him out at the beginning of June to go for 2 weeks. Have found what we think is a decent price of flights, tickets, transfers and accommodation in wide world of sport for £3.5k for all of us.

Here are my questions 1 is it a good price
2 is June crazy busy
3 is he too young?

He’s never been abroad thanks yall
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

I think the price isn't the best but not super unrealistic either. June is busy but not the craziest and definitely not too young.

We went in June 2017 with out daughter who was 18 months at the time as we got married in Florida and we are going back slightly earlier next year now she is 4. It was also our daughters first time abroad so we didn't account for enough rest time but not making that mistake this time with a lot more pool days planned.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
geewhiz
slightly serious Dibber

geewhiz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
1) No idea as we don’t know how many are going and where the flights are from and to!

2) Early June is good, May is even better.

3) Definitely not too young!
geewhiz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

The price seems ok for flights, accommodation and tickets.

June will be pretty busy, you can take a look at the Wait times - history on the menu on the side to get an idea.

I don't have children, but plenty of dibbers have travelled with 3 or 4 year olds.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not sure if you have been before, but if not be prepared for it to rain everyday in June - it’s the wettest month to visit
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Been in June before, earlier the better as the last week is noticeably busier. His age is great for Disney, especially character meets. It will rain but probably for an hour or so each afternoon. However it’s usually very localised and if it’s raining in one place it can be beautiful sunny skies a few miles away, so just be prepared to move on to another attraction. (That said, it’s like anywhere else in the world and you can always get hit with a bad spell)
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Sorry should have said this is 2nd June flying London Gatwick to mco with virgin 2 adults one little guy!
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
blondetea
Getting Excited

Mobile

1. If that includes park tickets I think that’s an OK price
2. Nearly every time we’ve been has been end of June/beginning of July, which is busier than when you’ll go, and it’s manageable
3. Not at all. We’re taking our son who’ll be 4.5 next year, took his older brother when he was the same age - definitely think about taking or renting a buggy though
blondetea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Isaacsmummy View Post
Sorry should have said this is 2nd June flying London Gatwick to mco with virgin 2 adults one little guy!
We went in June this year. We also did book to go back on 2nd June but had to move it due to eldests phonics week and school. So changed ours to May.

I like June. Didn’t find it too bad at all.

Our kids were 3.5 and nearly 5. So your little one will be just older than my youngest was.

We had an amazing time. Didn’t have many problems. Didn’t take a buggy. Did have a few melt downs though but definitely not too young. Mine mention Disney constantly. Cannot wait to go back. Unfortunately they think we can go every year this is the only downside.

I do have a trip report but we were offsite in a villa. We didn’t do onsite. We also went with virgin.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

June is nice but much rather May.
Been taking my children since they were 18 months old,eldest is now 17. Think 4 is a wonderful age to go,interested to know why you think it's too young ?
Price looks a lot to me, we always do DIY, May/June you can get really cheap flights.