Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jan 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin Upper from Manchester

Flying in March UC and would be interested in hearing anyone's recent experience flying from Manchester with Virgin
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Flew UC with them from Gatwick last month, so can't help with the airport side of things, but we had 2 very good flights, food was lovely - I had heard a few reviews from friends about their food not being great, but ours was really lovely, I had the prawns then the salmon on the outbound flight, DH had steak, all was lovely, he had cheese and biscuits with port afterwards, i didn't have room!

Service was great on both flights and got a decent sleep on the way home, no complaints here.

We did fly home from Miami, was not impressed at all with the Delta lounge at MIA if you're flying from there, but there were refurbing the usual area, so I'm hoping that was why.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
Flying in March UC and would be interested in hearing anyone's recent experience flying from Manchester with Virgin
Flew UC in November, loved it. From practically walking through security to the nice and quiet lounge. The food in the lounge could be a bit better for for free I wasn't complaining. Plenty of free booze in the lounge too, although beer selection was poor. The crew were amazing, I'd had about 4 glasses of fizz before we took off! The food was excellent too.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

We've flown UC from MAN regularly for over 10 years now. I can't say anything has really changed other than different lounge options.

Virgin are opening their own dedicated club lounge at MAN in spring this year. No confirmed dates that I can see, but I fear you may just miss it unfortunately.

Supposed to offer a-la-carte dining and a spa!
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes I believe we are about at least a month too early for the lounge
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The planes from Manchester are the 747’s so only 14 seats in UC. Lots more space than the 330’s and I think the seats are slightly longer and wider too.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

We're flying UC in September so hopefully the new Clubhouse is well complete by then. There's a few videos on Youtube by The Lodge Guys though which give a good idea.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I flew Virgin UC for the first time in September, we normally do BA. I didn't fly from Manchester, but other than the departure lounge I expect it is much the same experience.

The lounge at Gatwick is excellent, head and shoulders above the BA lounge at Gatwick. I didn't think much of the Delta Lounge in Orlando, but I don't think American airline lounges are typically very good.

There were 14 seats in UC, the configuration is good and no clambering over people as with BA club world. I got seated really close to the "bar" which was a bit concerning at first but nobody used it.

I thought the food was ok but nothing special. The service was good, especially on the way back. I boarded and as I was sorting myself out I realised I must have left my reading glasses in the lounge, they are designer / expensive reading glasses so I was quite bothered by it. Anyway I told one of the flight crew and I think little over five minutes later somebody boarded announcing they had the reading glasses. My DH was in economy I asked to send him a glass of champagne back and they brought him forward to sit and have a drink with me at my seat, he left when it was meal time. I thought that was nice of them.

It was quite a good experience, but I am back on BA this year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I wish I could afford it- £20k when I last priced it up for my family- no chance! I cannot work out how people get all these deals, but maybe not going school hols is a start.
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I wish I could afford it- £20k when I last priced it up for my family- no chance! I cannot work out how people get all these deals, but maybe not going school hols is a start.
That is a lot, how big is your family?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List