Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Feb 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile Virgin Atlantic credit card

I’m trying to get as many miles as possible so we can upgrade to upper for our next trip. I have the normal Virgin Atlantic credit card but the other VA credit card gives you more points per £ spent for a fee. So I was considering swapping.
I was told that I couldn’t change to this card as I already have a VA credit card. The only way of doing it would be to cancel this one wait 3 months and apply for the other one. Is this correct can I just not transfer to the other VA credit card ?
Any advice gratefully received .
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 04:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
I’m trying to get as many miles as possible so we can upgrade to upper for our next trip. I have the normal Virgin Atlantic credit card but the other VA credit card gives you more points per £ spent for a fee. So I was considering swapping.
I was told that I couldn’t change to this card as I already have a VA credit card. The only way of doing it would be to cancel this one wait 3 months and apply for the other one. Is this correct can I just not transfer to the other VA credit card ?
Hiya pdc - does your partner have a Virgin cc too? If not could it be worth them obtaining the fee card.

I'm about to give up on my Virgin cc as it's been impossible to find reward seats for our November outbound, I'm still checking but once our May 2021 return is available I'll look for alternatives. I wondered if it could be due to code sharing with AF and KLM, who were going to buy 31% of Virgin but have since pulled out.

It's worth getting others opinions pdc, in the meantime good luck with your choice
Old 3 Feb 20, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I find it strange that you just can’t transfer to the other card I always clear my balance every month so no issues there. You would think it would be to there advantage to allow you to do that as they gain a fee from you .
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The rule is you can’t transfer. But it depends who deals with the application!
My Wife transferred and all they did was ring up and ask did she want to close the non fee paying one.
As soon as she said yes the new fee paying card was authorised.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The rule is you can’t transfer. But it depends who deals with the application!
My Wife transferred and all they did was ring up and ask did she want to close the non fee paying one.
As soon as she said yes the new fee paying card was authorised.
Hiya MrT, hope pdc doesn't mind me asking re miles, don't mean to hijack. As you saw from above finding UC rewards isn't happening, as my aim is to basically get rid of the miles at this stage have you ever bought PE and used miles to upgrade to UC?

BTW, did you see my thread about AF/KLM/VA not going ahead with the equity purchase? Wonder if that'll have any bearing on prices/reward seats now AF/KLM won't have an input.
Old 3 Feb 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya MrT, hope pdc doesn't mind me asking re miles, don't mean to hijack. As you saw from above finding UC rewards isn't happening, as my aim is to basically get rid of the miles at this stage have you ever bought PE and used miles to upgrade to UC?

BTW, did you see my thread about AF/KLM/VA not going ahead with the equity purchase? Wonder if that'll have any bearing on prices/reward seats now AF/KLM won't have an input.
Hi Chris. In the dim and distant past we have paid cash for PE and used Miles plus a bit of cash to upgrade. However direct UC flights from LGW are just about non existent sadly.
I am holding 300K miles and if things don't improve we will do the LHR to Miami route next year.
I feel that we may start using BA as well albeit their propensity for strikes puts me off.

Yes I spotted your thread on the KLM etc merger. Seemed to be a 'lot of airline for not much loot' Wonder why they backed out?

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Did a search for return reward seats from Manchester to MCO in peak periods - zilch availability.

Plenty to NYC though so might consider a trip there
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Yes I spotted your thread on the KLM etc merger. Seemed to be a 'lot of airline for not much loot' Wonder why they backed out?
It was Virgin that pulled out. When the original deal was outlined, Virgin wasn't doing so well. They appear to be in a better place now and as such have backed out.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
It was Virgin that pulled out. When the original deal was outlined, Virgin wasn't doing so well. They appear to be in a better place now and as such have backed out.
Thank you. I didn’t know that, must have missed it on here or the News.

Old 3 Feb 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
I wanted to change the other way, fee paying card to non-fee paying card and was told I'd have to wait 6 months before reapplying, I'll stick with my Amex for collecting miles and see how I go. I hope the availability picks up I've nearly 400K miles but can't go away at the moment .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List