Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Feb 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
CrochetFreak
Helping Minnie

Honda Jazz 2015 thoughts

Test driving a Honda 1.4 i-VTEC EX 5dr CVT later. Any opinion on the CVT automatic transmission? I've never driven an automatic before. Also any opinions on the 2015 Honda Jazz in general?

Thanks
CrochetFreak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Didn’t have an automatic but can’t fault the jazz at all.

Very reliable and it’s like the tardis - has shed loads of interior space despite being a relatively small car

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrochetFreak View Post
Test driving a Honda 1.4 i-VTEC EX 5dr CVT later. Any opinion on the CVT automatic transmission? I've never driven an automatic before. Also any opinions on the 2015 Honda Jazz in general?

Thanks
My mum has been driving automatic Honda Jazz' for the last 10 years or so. I've inherited a couple over the years from her and got to say it's a really decent car!

There was a small period in 2008 or so that they put a different gearbox in that was a lot more jerky.

Honestly, as soon as you start driving automatic you'll wonder why you ever bothered with a manual.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

On my second Jazz, both manual though rather than automatic, and will probably stick with them when I change again. Decent mileage, excellent use of space and built like a tank (touch wood, it will probably break down now!).
My only criticism is you can get a fair bit of road noise, in the cars I have owned anyway, but that's a long way from being a deal breaker for me.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

You can't generally fault them. Reliable and quite spacious.

They are the modern Nissan Micra though as far as demographics go.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrochetFreak View Post
Test driving a Honda 1.4 i-VTEC EX 5dr CVT later. Any opinion on the CVT automatic transmission? I've never driven an automatic before.

Not everybody likes CVT.
One of our elderly relatives has a new Jazz every two years or so but they all have the 6-speed manual gearbox.
She won't consider anything different after having a Jazz.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant car, the CVT is very smooth, but if buying second hand, check that the transmission oil has been changed (needs changing regularly). Apart from that, they are usually trouble free and very economical to run. We bought one new in 2009 and replaced it with another new one in 2018. We did not have the 2015 model, but the ones we have had have been excellent. They are quite spacious and the folding seats allow many configurations of luggage space.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have owned 2 Jazz cars. My original one 52 plate now belongs to DD. My 58 plate now belongs to Mum. Fabulous cars! I’ve now got a Civic Sport which I love too😀
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have this, but 2016. Love the car and no issues with automatic. Just had email suggesting they are stopping production of the jazz ( not sure if this is just manual ones, the wording on mail is weird).
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Go to honestjohn.co.uk for car reviews. Jazz always seems well liked.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List