Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Mobile Summer 2021 anyone worried

Hi aware it’s year away and lot can can happen then ,good and bad
We already have villa booked for July 2021 and was going start looking into flights but high rise in new cases got me thinking maybe best wait to see how things at near end of year before booking flights
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m sure you’ll be fine.We’re already booked for Vegas next year and have rescheduled our Orlando trip to next August.We wouldn’t normally start looking at flights until the new year anyway.
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t think I would be unduly worried about not being able to fly next summer, but I think there ‘could’ still be certain restrictions in place you may have to adhere to. Let’s hope things are back to as close as normal as the situation allows..
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

I’m booked for September next year (changed my May 20 holiday) and I’m worried.

Over 9000 new cases in Florida alone yesterday, the president and governors don’t seem to be taking the virus seriously... makes me concerned for how everything will look not just in the near future but heft year and beyond too.

I’m hoping *fingers crossed* that they and we will have a grip on things by then, but currently I’m not confident.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Booked for May already, rightly or wrongly my thoughts are that if it isn't some way sorted by May - & I don't mean Gone-then 2021 is a write off. From the outside looking in, they went quickly early,then add the fact that they have had massive protests for the last 3-4 weeks ( look at pictures of Austin for instance). Florida originally stated that out of state visitors wouldn't be allowed but they have & you can't control it.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post

We have booked a US trip for April next year, DH said the other day that he is having second thoughts.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Well we changed from May 2020 to May 2021, feeling confident, if the world is still in a mess by then, we will have bigger things to worry about than holidays
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’re not going until September 2021 so I’m optimistic. I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable going in the early part of 2021 but I think summer should be ok.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStarwars
Proud to wear my Ears

Were holding out to see how things play out and if any offers emerge, may just leave it to October next year to give it a bit longer but no decisions in the near future.
2021 Disneyland Paris (Hotel New York) 2023 Pop Century
2022 Port Orleans Riverside (and Hurricane Ian)
DisneyStarwars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we have rescheduled for May 21, and are hoping everything will be back to almost normal by then. If we can't go in 10 months then like someone else said there will be bigger things to worry over
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List