Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Sep 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'm not sure why there would be any correlation between park hopping and car parking charges. Whether you're visiting one park in a day or all four if you have a car you need to park, it's going to be parked in a Disney car park.

In isolation, $25 does feel an outrageous amount to park a car, certainly, but if you don't like it you need to make other arrangements.
... OP..You have been told...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I think charging to park after you have paid all of that money for the tickets its ridiculous, and not just at Disney either, but it is what it is and it won't change, I just wished they did something like SeaWorld do and include the parking in their ticket, yes it is an additional cost but I would rather that
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alvin_purple View Post
The parking rate is more like a tax on park visitors who have the cheek to want to leave the bubble.
I thought resort guests were now charged for parking too. I have no idea what they charge for on site guests though so it could be perk, perhaps!

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dolphin9511 View Post
I think charging to park after you have paid all of that money for the tickets its ridiculous, and not just at Disney either, but it is what it is and it won't change, I just wished they did something like SeaWorld do and include the parking in their ticket, yes it is an additional cost but I would rather that
But that would mean people who don't drive would be paying for parking. I can't drive for health reasons so I would be penalised for something which isn't my fault.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
I thought resort guests were now charged for parking too. I have no idea what they charge for on site guests though so it could be perk, perhaps!

Dave
Resort guests are now charged for parking at the resorts (hotels) but not the parks.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Agree it’s a rip off.

You would have thought during current times at least they’d want to encourage people not to use the public transport and use their cars...
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I agree rip off! Park tickets and food in parks are expensive enough without an extra charge for parking the car! But we all pay it!
Old 25 Sep 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Always thought it would make more sense to include parking within ticket purchase price.
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by newstewart View Post
Always thought it would make more sense to include parking within ticket purchase price.
As I said above, that would penalise people who don't drive. I can't drive for health reasons.
Old 25 Sep 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
As I said above, that would penalise people who don't drive. I can't drive for health reasons.
For health reasons I won’t go on a roller coaster but totally accept that the ticket price gives access to all rides and it’s my choice what to go on. Car parking should just be an extension of entrance cost.
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List