Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Dec 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile Tell me your fitness goals for 2021

I am sat here with a belly full of baked Camembert and gin-Looking for inspiration 🤣

I am a fitness lover, I have let things slip a little over Christmas but will be back on the fitness journey in the new year. Think I need a plan or goal.

Would love to hear your fitness plans for 2021
Old 27 Dec 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

I've been on the keto diet since November and am doing really well. I've not continued over Xmas!

Anyway o plan to get back on it and hope to start on my exercise bike in the new year
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

I have let things slip over the the entire year, not just Christmas. My goals are to lose 30lbs and start running again. I've never been much of a runner. Only used to do 5K tops. but I would love to be able to do 10K comfortably by the end of the year (and to fit into something other than very stretchyleggings)
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Doing Mickey Houses weight loss challenge, just had a Chinese Which was delicious. I can’t see it going well?
Old 27 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Loose 3st by my wedding confident I can do it!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Doing Mickey Houses weight loss challenge, just had a Chinese Which was delicious. I can’t see it going well?
I think the rules state that we all start On 1st jan ... or maybe the second!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Loose 3st by my wedding confident I can do it!
When is your wedding?
Old 27 Dec 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I am going to try and get back into running. My brother's girlfriend and I have agreed to start Couch 2 5k on New Year's Day.

I also got an e-bike in November and Santa brought me some lights for Christmas, so I'm hoping to start doing a few miles in the evening after work

I used to run a lot, I did the Edinburgh half marathon in 2019, but I've been on the bench since October 2019 when I started having respiratory issues which made me very weak, wheezy etc.

I was finally diagnosed with moderate asthma in August and I'm just getting to a point where I feel things are sufficiently controlled for me to slowly return to exercise. I can't wait, as running and the social group I was part of were a big part of my life, and running was my outlet after a stressful day, and I've really struggled mentally without both.

I also saw a post earlier about open water swimming which really interests me, although I suspect its not the right sport for me, given my asthma as my lungs seem not to like the cold.
Old 27 Dec 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caro View Post
I have let things slip over the the entire year, not just Christmas. My goals are to lose 30lbs and start running again. I've never been much of a runner. Only used to do 5K tops. but I would love to be able to do 10K comfortably by the end of the year (and to fit into something other than very stretchyleggings)
I am more into weight training but last year during the lockdown I completed the c25k and really enjoyed it. I should have kept it going. Best of luck to you
Old 27 Dec 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I am going to try and get back into running. My brother's girlfriend and I have agreed to start Couch 2 5k on New Year's Day.

I also got an e-bike in November and Santa brought me some lights for Christmas, so I'm hoping to start doing a few miles in the evening after work

I used to run a lot, I did the Edinburgh half marathon in 2019, but I've been on the bench since October 2019 when I started having respiratory issues which made me very weak, wheezy etc.

I was finally diagnosed with moderate asthma in August and I'm just getting to a point where I feel things are sufficiently controlled for me to slowly return to exercise. I can't wait, as running and the social group I was part of were a big part of my life, and running was my outlet after a stressful day, and I've really struggled mentally without both.

I also saw a post earlier about open water swimming which really interests me, although I suspect its not the right sport for me, given my asthma as my lungs seem not to like the cold.
I love your attitude and determination-just go careful with regards to your asthma