Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jan 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As I've said I'm only contributing here out of general interest but this is Brightline's Nov 2020 press release.

Either the location of the DS station is still top secret or they themselves don't know yet. They do narrow it down to somewhere in 47 square miles though.

gobrightline/press-r...station-disney
Old 12 Jan 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It’s a half an hour early entry into any park. Rather than concentrating everyone into a single park.

It does make some sense.
Not of off site people it doesn’t. When you arrive you now have people in the park before rope-drop. Previously you just avoided the EMH park. Anyway 30mins isn’t much. You’re basically getting one ride before others are allowed in. Not quite like 2-3 hours of EMH in the evening used to be.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I'm sure one of the main reasons for stopping DME is that the new train service will be running directly from MCO to Disney Springs. It will be bus to the resorts from there.

Fastpasses will be back in some form. The only thing that might not is free dining.
The in some form but is interesting. I suspect a paying form!
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
Not of off site people it doesn’t. When you arrive you now have people in the park before rope-drop. Previously you just avoided the EMH park. Anyway 30mins isn’t much. You’re basically getting one ride before others are allowed in. Not quite like 2-3 hours of EMH in the evening used to be.

I say this as someone who stays off side just as much as on site, but off site people just arent as important to Disney as onsite people-on site guests are paying a premium exactly for such things as this.

But of course, you are right that half an hour is only of limited use anyway.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
My experience only, would be that within those 30 mins I will have done min of 1-2 rides. Headliner plus another... then moving onto 3rd ride as crowds start coming in moving onto the 'lesser' rides. I would still expect to be doing the same amount of rides within that first couple of hours as the hotel guests will be split between the 4 parks anyway reducing the attendance across them.

This all with the headliners again FP'd for later on in the day!

Interesting to see what rides are open for this early 30 mins.

Evening hours was always a difficult one, and nowhere near as quiet as the early hours. Especially with all guests remaining in the park (albeit unable to go on rides etc).

Now with a young family we don't bother with evening anyhow.
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Just to throw another spanner in the works how are those who go on the Disney Cruises going to get to their cruise ships? Some of whom stay overnight before or after said cruise, or are the Cruise Magic Busses still to be run, no mention has been made of that as far as I understand ?
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Just to throw another spanner in the works how are those who go on the Disney Cruises going to get to their cruise ships? Some of whom stay overnight before or after said cruise, or are the Cruise Magic Busses still to be run, no mention has been made of that as far as I understand ?
That has never been a free service so I imagine that would continue.
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
30 minutes early opening but how many attractions will be open? Probably very limited
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
DME is not the same as the Cruise Ship thing, as far as i know. And i thin they pay seperately for that bus anyway.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
30 minutes early opening but how many attractions will be open? Probably very limited
To be honest though thats the same with Extra Magic Hours. From memory, Magic Kingdom usually only keeps Fantasy Land and/or Adventure land open for extra Magic. Epcot might as well not stay open late at all for the number of things you can do, and Animal Kingdom is limited because the Animals cant be disturbed. Hollywood Studios is the only park where Extra Magic is worth getting up early or staying late.