Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jan 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A simple observation from someone who has never spent a single night in a WDW hotel and probably never will.

As I understand the DME you drag your cases from one of the four ATM terminals at MCO and head to side B where you load yourselves and luggage on to a coach and get dropped off at your hotel lobby door?

I've no idea where the Brightside station will be at MCO but I assume you repeat the first phase of the previous journey. You then get dropped off at a railroad station somewhere near DS - near here?

Then you drag your cases to the bus stop to catch a bus to your appropriate resort. You currently can't take luggage on the DS buses and those to the monorail resorts don't start until 11am so I guess some more major infrastructure changes may be needed?

Again I may not know what I'm talking about but simple thoughts from a distance.
That's pretty much correct for us international guests, yes.

The resort buses going to/from DS don't really have much of a hold to store luggage, so Disney would need to invest in new buses if they were thinking of transporting everyone who arrives from MCO via train to their hotel. So, yes, some "infrastructure changes" might be needed.

For American guests (who make up the vast majority) they also have the option of dropping off their luggage at their origin airport and having it taken to their hotel room without having to pick them up at MCO. This was part of the DME service so I'm not sure whether this will continue when DME ends.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
Free Dining? Never used it even when I've stayed in a resort-it just isnt cost-effective unless you insist on stuffing yourself with a 3 course meal every day just because you've paid for it (which has always begged the question with my family, why pay for it? We are big eaters on holiday but we don't need to be tied down to a 3 course meal every day).

It also places a restriction on your day-you cant drift too far from Disney Property as you will always have a reservation you have to be back for, or you've wasted your money on a plan you aren't using. Not going to miss Dining at all.
I've had free dining twice and I've never stuffed myself with a 3 course meal using it nor been restricted due to a reservation.

We had free QSDP. So no reservations and no 3 course meals. It was very good considering it was free. And because its free I never felt that I needed to use every single credit to it's maximum in order to make it worth it.

(Yes, I know you can book the stay for cheaper if you book when the free nights offer is on. But the amount you pay for free dining compared to the amount you pay with free nights was good value for what you got)

DME? Honestly don't think that's what most people stay at a Disney Resort for-the resort buses dropping you off at the parks is the big attraction for most, and i cant see that stopping DME is a convenient extra but realistically you will get to your hotel quicker by jumping in a taxi. Buses wait until they are full and travel around the world to get you to your hotel. Taxis are direct.
DME buses were direct. Well, the ones I used were. And I think most were. Perhaps some of the DME buses to the Value resorts weren't?

Early entry? Extra Magic by another name-even with Extra Magic, its rarely that useful. If you go to Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic, you are allowed in one land and usually manage to get on one or two rides at most.
I never used EMH at MK, but I have used it elsewhere. You could get quite a lot of lesser attractions done in one hour using it. They had little-to-no queues! It was also nice to walk around a mostly empty Epcot or AK first thing in the morning before all the offsite guests flooded in.

That time has now reduced by half. Meaning you'll get half as much done in that time.

Then there's the loss of evening EMH as well.

People need to realise the days of Disney flinging perks at us have been numbered for years, and now, Covid has been the push to make it clear that they are definitively over
I think that's exactly what people do realise and why they are complaining.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:51 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
As I've said I'm only contributing here out of general interest but this is Brightline's Nov 2020 press release.

Either the location of the DS station is still top secret or they themselves don't know yet. They do narrow it down to somewhere in 47 square miles though.

gobrightline/press-r...station-disney
A little more info here:

orlandoweekly/Blogs/...iami-heres-how

Note that it says "the Orlando-Tampa route [which includes the stop at Disney Springs] is expected to break ground in 2022, with an opening date of 2025".

So don't expect this train service to immediately replace the Magical Express which stops at the end of this year.

BTW, if the train service is anything like the Miami <-> West Palm Beach service they provide, it'll be around one train an hour.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 12 Jan 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Ww would miss the extra magic hours in the evening. We never really managed to get up for the morning ones however me and the kids got round loads in the evening including meet and greets and walk ons for some rides I think BTM was only a 10 min wait, so we would really miss that one :-( half an hour in the morning wouldn't be of much use as a replacement for us.
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Bubble most certainly not burst for us.

We love the early morning starts, especially for the first week. Getting in before the offsite masses in every park is interesting, will make the 'busy day' planners think a bit harder!

We always have a car and mostly eat offsite, so lack of ME and 'Free' Dining Plan makes no difference to us.

We don't tend to spend all day, every day in the parks. We like to mix and match offsite visits, pool time and especially evening pool time.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

The 30 min early entry seems like a loose loose.
We stay off site and we loose out as can no longer rope drop parks without magical hours.
On site guests loose their incredible benefit of the magic hours 🤷

I'm disappointed with this change.
Old 13 Jan 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
We love the early morning starts, especially for the first week. Getting in before the offsite masses in every park is interesting, will make the 'busy day' planners think a bit harder!
Something that occurred to me when I first heard about the removal of EMH was that busy day guides (well, certainly the DIBB's anyway) will now become redundant. Many were based on EMH days - parks with EMH were not recommended whereas parks that had EMH on the previous day were recommended, etc. That's all gone out of the window now.

Now people will have to make up their own minds over which parks to visit rather than relying on something else to tell them.

It's a pity Disney doesn't show how many reservations have been made at each park. Because that would be an excellent way to determine which parks would be busier than others.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~