Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jan 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Thank you

I just wanted to pop on and say thank you for all the kind comments and private messages I have received. I have read them all and they were very appreciated and brought comfort at what has been an awful time for my family and myself.
I spoke to Mum’s CNS last week who has confirmed that Mum’s cancer has spread to her bladder, urethra and rectum. We found out yesterday that it is already starting to spread out of her bladder and has spread to her lymph nodes and muscles in her pelvis. The consultant admitted yesterday the cancer has basically taken over Mum’s pelvic area.
Hopefully she will start chemo next week, they have initially signed her up for two courses. We are not really optimistic about the results of chemo and we are being realistic, Mum has also been referred to the Douglas Macmillan Hospice nurses to offer support to her and Dad.
The consultant has also advised my sister to try and bring her wedding forward if she is able to (wedding date set for 22/5/21) so we are thinking that Mum is unlikely to have more than a few months of quality life left.
Once again, I just wanted to say a very big thank you for all the extremely kind and supportive messages and comments I have received xx
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Thinking of you all at this difficult time 💕💕💕xxx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Thinking off your what a difficult time. How is your Mum coping with all this? I know you will support her as much as you can.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thinking of you all x
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Thinking off your what a difficult time. How is your Mum coping with all this? I know you will support her as much as you can.
I think it really hit her yesterday, when she went to her consultation last week she asked my sister not to attend so it was just her and dad. They told her it had spread (she chose to ignore this) and that she could have up to 2 years, understandably both mum and dad chose to fixate on this and have believed for the last week she has AT LEAST two years (not what was said). My sister went to the appointment yesterday and asked lots and lots of questions that we had discussed together prior to the consultation. I think that because of my sister’s questions yesterday (my sister said she annoyed the consultant because she had so many questions!) it has finally dawned on mum and dad how bad this is and how challenging the chemo is going to be. Hopefully the Macmillan service will be able to offer counselling and support to them which is the plan.
They are both struggling, mum is trying to be strong for Dad and Dad is trying to be strong for Mum, my sister said Mum broke down yesterday after the appointment when dad wasn’t there to see. She’s exhausted today and has gone to bed this afternoon to rest. My sister said Mum was visibly in pain yesterday and was struggling to walk at certain points.
I’m hoping between myself and my sister we can be there enough to offer some support, however we obviously need to be mindful of the covid risks (not as much of an issue for me as I’ve had 1st vaccination and have tests x2 weekly).
I think at least we know how bad it is now and as a family can begin to support each other and try and get through this as best we can.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

I'm so sorry to hear of your mum's diagnosis,lost my dear mum to pancreatic cancer almost 7 years ago,3 days before my son was born.I remember her and dad clinging to the stories my sister told that some people live for years,she was told 9 months and sadly exactly what happened. Stay strong,but look after yourself,its a hard road for everyone.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I think it really hit her yesterday, when she went to her consultation last week she asked my sister not to attend so it was just her and dad. They told her it had spread (she chose to ignore this) and that she could have up to 2 years, understandably both mum and dad chose to fixate on this and have believed for the last week she has AT LEAST two years (not what was said). My sister went to the appointment yesterday and asked lots and lots of questions that we had discussed together prior to the consultation. I think that because of my sister’s questions yesterday (my sister said she annoyed the consultant because she had so many questions!) it has finally dawned on mum and dad how bad this is and how challenging the chemo is going to be. Hopefully the Macmillan service will be able to offer counselling and support to them which is the plan.
They are both struggling, mum is trying to be strong for Dad and Dad is trying to be strong for Mum, my sister said Mum broke down yesterday after the appointment when dad wasn’t there to see. She’s exhausted today and has gone to bed this afternoon to rest. My sister said Mum was visibly in pain yesterday and was struggling to walk at certain points.
I’m hoping between myself and my sister we can be there enough to offer some support, however we obviously need to be mindful of the covid risks (not as much of an issue for me as I’ve had 1st vaccination and have tests x2 weekly).
I think at least we know how bad it is now and as a family can begin to support each other and try and get through this as best we can.
Poor Mum and you guys. It's clearly easier to focus on the positive information and block out the less positive. It's good you and your sister can support your dad and each other.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Sending you a hug at this difficult time.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MarBell
slightly serious Dibber

Thoughts with you and your family, must be so difficult for all of you.
MarBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Good luck to your dear mum for her treatment and my thoughts with all of you while you are going through this x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List