Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

We're actually going! Christmas planning 2021

I've noticed that a few of us are planning on going for Christmas and NYE so I thought I would start a thread for any questions and planning tips that people may want to share.

We're heading out to Orlando for just over 3 weeks where we check into the Polynesian for 2 nights before boarding a 4 night Very Merrytime Disney Cruise. We then head back to WDW for 2 weeks at Copper Creek over Christmas & NYE. After that we move to Grand Floridian Villas for our remaining 3 nights 🤗

I've managed to get all the ADR's I wanted including Liberty Tree Tavern (for our Christmas Day lunch), Space 220, Steakhouse 71, 'Ohana & breakfast at Toppolino's Terrace. I've also booked the Candlelight Processional Package at Epcot which I'm looking forward to as I've never experienced that before.

We'll be spending Christmas Day in MK and then NYE will be spent in Epcot where we plan to celebrate in the UK pavilion. This will be perfect for us as we have 2 young kids and we're not night owls anyway.

I'd love it if others could share their plans, it's so nice to actually be able to plan and get excited again! 🥳

Where are you spending Christmas and New Year? Will you be staying on site or off site? Do you think it will be as busy as it usually is or quieter due to everything thats been going on?

Happy planning everyone! 🤗

Edited at 12:59 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dom and Sarah
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hey act1980. We are from Hampshire too, how funny. Great post though, Xmas at Orlando is completely new for us...

We have recently changed our plans to Christmas 2021, which is the third date change we’ve had since April 2020. I’ve never really wanted to go at Christmas as I have heard it is so busy, but DD is going into Year 11, so dates were very limited. We actually got a great deal, and have an amazing 5 Bed Villa at The Abbey at Westhaven.

We are a planning family, and have already completed day plans (for both previous dates), but this is going to be completely different holiday at this time of year. I have already heard about Jeaters Bend, which looks like the most amazing lights you’ve ever seen (but apparently there are traffic issues). We are intending to stay in our Villa on Christmas Day and have a Christmas Pool Party/BBQ. My DD birthday is on Christmas Eve, so we think we’ll let her pick a park for the morning and Downtown Disney for a birthday dinner. We always do a Frenchies Saltwater Cafe dinner at Clearwater too. We would be really keen to here any Xmas tips too...
Dom and Sarah is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MancDisneyGuy
New Poster (2)

I think if you're planning to spend the day at the Parks, especially MK, book as soon as you can and expect it to be busy. I know that at DL in Anaheim Christmas Day is one of their busiest (would imagine it's the same at MK at least)!
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

We are booked for Christmas as well staying at a villa on Emerald Island hopefully leaving on the 23rd for 2 weeks. We have booked Discovery Cove for Christmas Day as a surprise for our girls 13 & 17. For New Year’s Eve we plan on doing a park so any recommendations which one would be great 👍🏻 We have Disney and Sea Word Tickets. 🤞🏻 We all get 🎉
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dom and Sarah
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by MancDisneyGuy View Post
I think if you're planning to spend the day at the Parks, especially MK, book as soon as you can and expect it to be busy. I know that at DL in Anaheim Christmas Day is one of their busiest (would imagine it's the same at MK at least)!
The maximum capacity for MK is 100k visitors. Christmas Day is one of the few days a year they hit maximum capacity. Probably not in 2021 as they will probably have reduced capacity anyway...
Dom and Sarah is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We are booked for 18th Dec-3rd Jan 🤞🤞we get there! Staying onsite at CBR booked direct with Disney. Flights booked with BA with a night in airport hotel so only needed to pay deposit. Flying direct and happy with price I got but definitely not going to look again! I have already booked all of our park days including MK Christmas Day and Epcot NYE (children are teenagers, just me and them going). Can’t wait until first flight to Florida leaves UK so that I can tell them it’s booked. Son will also be year 11 so limited on when we could go!
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’re planning on going - hopefully 18-31 December. Nothing booked yet, but current flight prices are putting me off! Not sure if we’ll stay onsite, or rent a villa - think the kids would prefer a villa (and not sure I can cope with 4 of us in a room for nearly 2 weeks!). Stuck with school holidays, as eldest will be in Y11 and doesn’t want to lose anytime from school.
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

We have booked 24 Dec - 7 Jan and this will be our first stay at Christmas time. We have booked a fly drive with Virgin, Manchester to Orlando. I start our DVC bookings next weekend, which I’m hoping won’t be too stressful 😬 We are planning on doing a split stay between Poly, Beach Club and Saratoga.

I’ve made a park reservation for MK on Xmas day, thinking that we will be awake early as it will be our first morning, so get into the park early and leave around midday. I’ve also made a park reservation for Epcot for New Years Eve.

That’s all our plans so far, will be interested to see what everyone else is doing.
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We’ve booked 26th Dec - 2nd Jan. BA flights and car hire and a DIBB villa. It’ll be a relaxed holiday and New Years Eve will be spent watching the count down to the ball drop with a few drinks and a take out from Applebee’s.

We’re planning to go to one park. Last time we did the same trip (Dec 19) we went to MK on 30th Dec and this time Hollywood Studios will be the first choice.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

We are booked 11th dec till 1st jan, indirect with Lufthansa, never flown in direct or with that airline, got PE on way home, and extra leg room both ways, £1600 ish for 2 adults and dd11, town house booked at Windsor Hills which looks great and pretty good deal including pool heat just under £2000, have booked DC Ultimate and universal tickets so far, hanging off Disney as really hoping 21day tickets may come back late thIs year, little nervous about that though as can’t book our park days and def want to do Epcot for NYE, not sure what to do Xmas day yet, did MK back in 2016 on Xmas day and had a brilliant day, fingers crossed that things will be a bit more normal by then, love the Xmas tree display at DS and also the late nights Xmas things at Seaworld, what are the Jeater bend lights, sounds interesting? Hopefully weather will be nice enough to get down to Clearwater and another trip to cocoa beach!