Notices

Old 11 Apr 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This... Again! Live Food Report April 2017 - Day 3

Today we decided to head to Animal kingdom, it's probably our least favourite park but DD was going to be tall enough for Kali river rapids so we were looking forward to it. We arrived just after park opening and headed to the safari for our fastpasses. We stopped at a snack cart just outside and DH and DD grabbed an apple each. These were $1.99 each.

We had other fastpasses for Mickey and Minnie meet and Kali river Rapids and after these we headed to flame tree BBQ for lunch. DH got the half a chicken, he thought this was nice but wasn't particularly big. It came with beans, coleslaw and cornbread.

I had the pulled pork sandwich (yes another), this was nice, there was lots of pulled pork inside and plenty of coleslaw. There is a condiments bar at flame tree BBQ with sauces so I covered the pork with sweet BBQ sauce. The beans were ok, they had a spicy taste to them.

DD had the fries topped with pulled pork, cheese and BBQ sauce. This portion was huge, I helped her finish them and thought they were really nice. There wasn't a load of pulled pork but I didn't mind as i had plenty in my sandwich.

This should have come to $33 but flame tree BBQ has 20% discount for DVC and annual pass holders so it cost us $26.82. We thought it was pretty good value for the quality.

For dinner this evening we went to sweet tomatoes. We each got a plate of salad to start, then went back for some more salad, there's loads to choose from including prepared salads such as Caesar salad and blue cheese salad. There's also a huge selection of stuff to create your own salads and toppings such as croutons and dressings and cheeses. They also have a selection of soups and jacket potatoes, pasta dishes like spaghetti bolognaise and Mac and cheese.

For desert we each got a warm brownie and covered it in the self soft serve chocolate ice cream and topped it with caramel sauce. They had toppings like crushed Oreos, sprinkles and granola you could put on top too. Dinner cost is $32 for the 3 of us and we really enjoyed the salad as a break from the rich food we've been having since we got here.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 11 Apr 17 11:21 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Some good looking food, the brown and soft serve ice cream looks yummy and I quite fancy trying the fries with pulled pork, cheese and BBQ sauce.
Old 12 Apr 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pmac
Imagineer

pmac's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Sweet tomatoes, one of our favourite places to visit. As you say nice it is a nice change.
2005 Lindfields - 2008 Indian Creek - 2010 Sunset Lakes - 2012 Sunset Lakes - 2015 Sunset Lakes - 2017 Sunset Lakes - 2019 Onsite at Disney and Universal - 2022 Hard Rock Hotel and Magic Resort - 2023 Drurys Plaza, The Contemporary and Hard Rock Hotel
pmac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I really want those fries at AK, seem such a good price too. Love sweet toms.. Always go a couple of times.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can't beat Sweet Tomatoes for variety of salads

Joan
Old 14 Apr 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Those fries at FTB look delicious!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I like the idea of sweet tomatoes but my husband the carnivore is not up for it 😩
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List