Notices

Old 25 Jun 16, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 2 Move To Yacht Club Epcot Captains Grille Live(ish) Taking The Grandparents This Time June 2016

Moving day today, we were up by 6am and packing up, we had only been at All Stars for one and a half days but stuff seemed to be everywhere. Once everything was squashed in suitcases the men packed up the bus and we drove round to checkout to settle our small bill for food and drink from our first evening. I took a few pictures of the room which had served us well for the small amount of time we had been here.

Loved some of the Mickey details.

I could have taken this home.

Even the curtain hiding the sink area had Mickey details.

Well equipped with the essentials, I didn't have a hairdryer in the room but I phoned the front desk and one was sent over no problem. I really couldn't fault the room at all although I think for more than a week four of us would feel claustrophobic.

We were on our way to the Yacht club by 10am. We arrived at the lobby at 10.15 and unloaded the cases. The plan was to leave the cases with bell services until our room was ready and then head to Epcot. On checking in we we delighted to find our rooms were available so after receiving our magic bands we were able to head straight to our rooms which are on the same floor separated by one room between us. The walk to the room is fairly lengthy from the lobby, we are in the last building beside the swan and dolphin but there is a fire exit straight out onto the boardwalk which is very convenient for cutting out the mammoth walk. Bell services took less than 10 minutes to bring up our bags and we were heading to Epcot at 11.05 and through the gates at 11.15.

Garden view, we are right in a corner behind a tree but not too bothered by that, Mum and Dads view is more open and they have already enjoyed a relax on their balcony.

A couple of pics on the way to Epcot, there are fences all the way along the beach now for obvious reasons.

Rapunzel was at the Epcot entrance to meet us.

She was really lovely with Katie.

We headed round to Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie for a snack for breakfast as only the kids had some quick cereal in the room at all stars. Fatal mistake my not explaining to everyone else what a snack means on dining plan and that I had quick service credits planned out for the seven days. Not helped also by us being in France and the CMs here being none too helpful explaining anything and the fact you can't see what is available until you are at the front of the queue holding everyone up whilst trying to decide what you can get. We got there eventually and spent two QS credits getting snacks for everyone, we will get the hang of it eventually but tempers were a little frayed for a moment hence no photos again. We had plain croissants and pain au chocolats plus ham and cheese croissants and iced water to drink.

We had fast passes for Soarin which ended at 12.20 so once we got our bearings and after much adult deliberation the kids pointed out to us we should be walking through Britain and Canada to get there we set off. Nothing like the excitement of seeing the new film to raise the spirits we arrived in good time and we were soon boarding Gran's favourite ride. There was a small technical malfunction with the seat belts which delayed our take off for 10mins but we were in the cool and meant we had a photo opportunity.

The new film is amazing, we all really enjoyed it and it was nice to be surprised again by this ride, the standby by queue was 60mins but if we managed to get there first thing and it was 30min or less wait we will go again.

Next we headed to Nemo which was showing a 20min wait, we would normally always walk on this with no wait as we tend to go to the parks first thing, but as it was now the afternoon and we were trying to get out the sun as much as possible we went for it. I haven't mentioned today was scorching, hardly any cloud cover and we were dodging the sun all day.

After Nemo we headed for Figment which I had a fast pass for. There is never any need for a fast pass here but I find once you have picked a tier one ride you struggle to choose anything else, it was showing a 10min standby and our fast passes let us skip an empty queue. The kids really enjoy this ride and like spending time afterwards in the imagination bit. We also found a photo booth in here which the kids had fun in and Derek and I got some too which the kids thought were totally uncool and embarrassing. If I can manage to work the photo pass I will put them in later.

You could see the photos on the outside of the booth so this is one I took.

To be continued after tonight's trip to Epcot

Tummies were rumbling by this point so we went to Electric Umbrella after some explanation this time about the dining plan and what we needed to do. This is easier here as there are pictures and few choices. No pictures again, promise I'll try to get better but Dad had the French dip burger, Murray had the Angus burger, Katie had the adult chicken nuggets, Mumand I had the flatbread and Derek shared between the kids meals. For dessert it was two strawberry cheesecakes a chocolate brownie and the chocolate cupcake. Katie destroyed the cupcake and this photo reminded me so much of our fist Disney trip, her cupcake love has never changed!

We enjoyed our meals although the restaurant was heaving and we had to sit outside, it's not something we would want to do every day for lunch, I really enjoyed the flatbread and would have that again though.

Murray had been asking for most of the day if we were going in test track. I kept having to check my phone for the wait time as I said 30mins or less and he could do it. I did suggest single rider but he enjoys designing the car the most. During lunch it was showing 30mins so that's where we headed next. Sure enough 30mins was on the sign but the queue was out the door. Undeterred we joined the queue but it took 10mins to reach the door which was not a good sign. I predicted an hours wait (and I was proved right unfortunately)He was determined but Katie Mum and I were not. We decided to leave the boys to it and go ride Mission space with our last fast pass and then head back to the hotel for a swim. The benefits of staying in site becoming obvious already.

Pretty smart car Murray designed which took an hour and ten minutes to get to this point.

Mission space was pretty much a walk on too. Green was chosen, I've only ridden orange once and I felt like I couldn't breathe at one point so it's a no go for me. Katie was delighted to have two roles to play and took pressing all the buttons very seriously

We started heading back to the world showcase after this and caught the ferry over to Morocco before heading back to the hotel. We took it easy as it was still boiling with the sun beating down. Of course on arrival I still had the unpacking to do, a bit haphazardly I spent half an hour on this before I could delay Katie from the pool no longer, another room was now a bombsight.

The pool area is lovely and Katie had a quick swim and a play in the lazy river. I'm not quite sold on the sand, it's quite large grains, Mum said its like walking on brown sugar and I have to agree. Katie thought it was great though. We only spent half and hour by which time the boys were back and we had to get ready for dinner.

Captains Grille was booked for 6.30pm, we hurriedly had showers and were on time. Our waiter was very chatty and helpful, the menu choices sounded great. We are all on the adult dining plan as we paid something like $25 to upgrade Katie to get more credits by paying for her kids meals. She choose chicken nuggets. We decided to let Murray choose between the adult and kids menu but he went for the snow crab legs? Nothing would deter him and so even after trying to persuade him that he might be better choosing from the kids or having a steak, the crab legs won. I had the New York strip, dad and Derek had the lamb chops and mum had the Market fish. Dad raved about his lamb, Derek didn't get as much chance to enjoy his as he was tackling the mountain of crab legs for Murray. He finally agreed maybe he should have chosen a kids meal and hadn't even seen the Kobe beef skewers on the menu, hopefully it lesson learned but we all had a good laugh about it (eventually) We all really enjoyed our meals and the service was great. The desserts we chose were Smores cake for me Pancotta for Mum and Dad and fruit cobbler for Derek, Murray couldn't face dessert, He ate a fair bit of the crab and also a bit of everyone else's.
My dessert was very rich but the marshmallow bit was excellent.

Lovely warm bread for the table

My steak

Mums fish

Dad and Derek's lamb

Massive mountain of crab legs

Smores dessert

Pannacotta

Cobbler

We were all started to flag after the delicious meal and the kids were ready to head to bed after we checked out the bus stop for the morning. Mum and dad went out a walk around the boardwalk but we headed to bed where the kids crashed out immediately and we weren't far behind them after another while spent unpacking.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Lovely report.
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Your room looks fantastic. Great being able to walk to Epcot. Can't wait to see the new Soarin' film. I know quite a few people moaned about the old one but it was still always a firm favourite of ours. Looking forward to reading more. 😊
Old 26 Jun 16, 03:35 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 26 Jun 16 3:35 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 04:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

Great trip so far! Those meals at Captains Grille look amazing.
Old 26 Jun 16, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looks great, love the Beach/Yacht Club, fantastic location for the parks Enjoying your report so far, thanks
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Fabulous day... Now I love all stars but you've definitely gone from zero to hero now at yacht club lol... Looks absolutely stunning... enjoy every minute of it. Love the family photos of you all at the end all stood outside the hotel.
Have a great day today
Sam X
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, it looks like you had a fab time. Epcot is my fav park and I would love to be staying so close, very handy for all the food options!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day it's nice to get settled in

Joan
Old 26 Jun 16, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I'm so looking forward to seeing the new Soarin film. Your room looks fab and I love the balcony. A great day, no wonder you were all shattered with it being so hot.