Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Nov 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jhv
I have Ears

Question Ticket Advice please

Hello,

It's been some years since I last went to the states, but this December i'll be going for the first time as a mum to a 23month old.

I don't know how my little one will cope with the time change. So I will allow a few days for him to get into the swing of things.

Could anyone advise me please, on what would be the best ticket to buy?

In my head, due to his age, and wanting him just to take it all in his stride, I was thinking i'd just go for 4 days and do the 4 main parks? Possibly doing an all dayer in each park (back for bath and bedtime) but then break it up with a day off in between?

I typically visit in May or September, back when it was considered the low season. Will the parks be overwhelmingly rammed? I fly in on the 12th December but won't really plan to do them till the around 15th/16th.

Any help or advice on what you all think would be appreciated.

Edited at 03:20 PM. Reason: added question.
jhv is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
My niece was 23 months when we took her last year. She actually adjusted really well.
And we did a full Go GO holiday, no resting inbetween. She was fine, we just let her nap when she wanted to

We went in September last year, crowd levels were fine, but it was REALLY HOT

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jhv
I have Ears

Originally Posted by KymmieAKiss View Post
My niece was 23 months when we took her last year. She actually adjusted really well.
And we did a full Go GO holiday, no resting inbetween. She was fine, we just let her nap when she wanted to

We went in September last year, crowd levels were fine, but it was REALLY HOT
Thank you, how long did it take her to settle Kymmie?
Old 9 Nov 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by jhv View Post
Thank you, how long did it take her to settle Kymmie?
She settled really quickly. She slept for most of the flight, so i think when we got to Orlando she was awake until we all went to bed so her body clock just settled

But we didnt have any problems with her at all.

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Hello,

It's been some years since I last went to the states, but this December i'll be going for the first time as a mum to a 23month old.

I don't know how my little one will cope with the time change. So I will allow a few days for him to get into the swing of things.

Could anyone advise me please, on what would be the best ticket to buy?

In my head, due to his age, and wanting him just to take it all in his stride, I was thinking i'd just go for 4 days and do the 4 main parks? Possibly doing an all dayer in each park (back for bath and bedtime) but then break it up with a day off in between?

I typically visit in May or September, back when it was considered the low season. Will the parks be overwhelmingly rammed? I fly in on the 12th December but won't really plan to do them till the around 15th/16th.

Any help or advice on what you all think would be appreciated.
You can buy the Disney 4 Day Base ticket which will allow you to visit 1 park per day, I think the 4 visits will have to be used in a 7 day period. If you started the ticket on the 15th it would have to be used by the 21st and the 16th by the 22nd. You wouldn't be able to park hop with this ticket.

The price for the 4 day date based ticket which starts on the 15th is £347.10, the price for the same ticket starting on the 16th is £352.56. Both these prices are from orlandoattractions.com. Link below.

orlandoattractions/t...-based-tickets

The same tickets from undercovertourist cost $448.14, roughly £350.44 for the ticket starting on the 15th, $455.17, roughly £355.94 for the ticket starting on the 16th.

If you buy the date based ticket from orlandoattractions.com the ticket is slightly cheaper but you will be sent a voucher which you will have to exchange at a guest services window over there.

If you buy from undercovertourist it is slightly dearer but you can have the ticket sent as an E-Ticket or have it mailed to you. Another thing to take into account is that if you buy from undercovertourist you could be charged a non-sterling transaction fee depending on what card you use.

If you wanted the Disney 4 Day Hopper ticket it would cost around £409.50 so you would be better off buying the Disney 14 Day Ultimate from travelrepublic.co.uk for £386.

Welcome to the Dibb
Old 8 Nov 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jhv
I have Ears

Hey Lyn , Wow that's some in depth information you've kindly provided me. As a mum i'm tired all the time, so you have no idea how grateful i am to you for doing all that homework for me

Other than wanting to just dive into the park due to excitement, is there a downside at all to exchanging a voucher at guest services? Do you know if I could get a ticket that i could keep as a keepsake for my little ones first trip?
Old 8 Nov 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Hey Lyn , Wow that's some in depth information you've kindly provided me. As a mum i'm tired all the time, so you have no idea how grateful i am to you for doing all that homework for me

Other than wanting to just dive into the park due to excitement, is there a downside at all to exchanging a voucher at guest services? Do you know if I could get a ticket that i could keep as a keepsake for my little ones first trip?
You're welcome for all the information, I might have missed a cheaper option though

As far as I know there is no downside to changing the voucher for a ticket when you're over there. You might have to wait a little while but I think that's about it, but maybe someone who has done it can tell you more.

Apart from the ticket that you will get when you exchange your voucher I am sure if you ask some of the CM's they can sort a keepsake for your little boy. Maybe there's some mums [or dad's] on here who can give you a few ideas about the best things to get or do as a keepsake.

Your little boy will love it. We first took our granddaughter in 2009 when she was 15 months old and although I can't remember everything I know she was so excited. The one thing that did scare her a little bit though was when she first saw the characters, such as Mickey, Minnie etc, but when she got used to them she was fine.

Hope you have a fantastic time.

Edited at 12:55 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List