Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 Sep 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I'm losing hope that we will be able to go in November, I remember when I moved my booking from April I thought no way will it still be shutdown in Nov. When is the latest we can move points to RCI, I mean the ones that were extended to the end of was it Nov or Dec this year? I'm also considering cancelling my April 2021 booking and banking this years points.
Well Virgin Atlantic just cancelled our flights - that's us not going this year. I'm thinking Nov 2021 as I have no faith that this will be resolved by April 2021.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We will lose points sadly.

We were going to go back in may 21 but now I think we may even push that back to 2022.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
We will lose points sadly.

We were going to go back in may 21 but now I think we may even push that back to 2022.
Why not put them into RCI or rent them out?
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
Wouldn’t have the first clue on how to 😂
It's not that hard. There is a facebook page you can rent them on or the other big Disney board. State what your per point requirement is, when they have to be used by and that the transaction is non refundable. Ask for payment by pay pal.

Google 'DVC rental agreement' you can find lots on Google and just amend it to suite your requirements.

You can sell them v quickly if you ask for $14 or less per point.

It's a lot less scary than you think, it be a shame to loose so many points.

Edited at 08:30 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

One of our family have DVC points which are due to expire in Feb and Disney has allowed him as a one-off to extend until May because he has ‘owned’ for 20years and also because USA not opened their borders. 😃😃😃
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mental4ever View Post
One of our family have DVC points which are due to expire in Feb and Disney has allowed him as a one-off to extend until May because he has ‘owned’ for 20years and also because USA not opened their borders. 😃😃😃
Hi mental4ever, this news would be very helpful for many International members so it would be worth starting a new thread so to highlight this amazing news as more members would see that but might miss your post within this thread.

Many thanks for posting.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I've been told my 2019 points don't expire until June 2021 now. They don't know if they can make an exception after that for people who have travel bans.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

I've been told my 2019 points don't expire until June 2021 now. They don't know if they can make an exception after that for people who have travel bans.
This has given me some hope! What’s your use year? Wondered if this had an effect on how long they have extended!
Old 27 Sep 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
This has given me some hope! What’s your use year? Wondered if this had an effect on how long they have extended!
It's June
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

It's June
Ah possibly as they were closed in June!

Not sure it will apply to my use year of March