Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Sep 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Getting from T5 to Premier Inn Bath Road?

Hi

I was thinking of stopping at Premier Inn Bath Road night before flight mainly because in a family room you get a double and 2 singles for a family of 4.

Problem is i am flying out of T3 and coming back into T5

We are parking at T5 long stay and getting car park shuttle to T5 and then its getting to Premier inn.

Is Taxi the best way and then shuttle to T3 or taxi again in the morning.

Our flight out is at 1250 and we live about 1.5 hours away in East Sussex but ithe drive involves mostly M25 so always like to stay overnight before flight but should i just drive up in morning park and then get shuttle to T3 from T5.

Or the other option is to just rebook and get hotel and parking in one package from someone like holiday extras but do the hotels go to and come from T3 and T5

Thoughts

Edited at 01:03 PM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would drop bags off at premier inn, then go to T5 parking. Get car park shuttle to T5, t5-t3 train shuttle, then t3 to premier inn shuttle ... thats the cheapest option, the fastest is taxi from T5.. I would decide on the day depending how I feel.

I like the fastest way out when I get back so would definitely park at T5
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive

Edited at 01:09 PM.
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

For the distance away you are and not needing to be at the airport until mid morning I would just leave earlier (maybe an extra hour) and then stop and have a nice breakfast somewhere nearby.

If I was to stay, then I would stop at the Premier Inn to drop family to check in and take the luggage. Then go to the parking and uber back.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Would it be any easier to stay at Premier inn T4
Old 18 Sep 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

That would allow you to use the Heathrow Express or bus services between T5 and T4 when you drop off the car and then T4 to T3 when you go to the departure terminal.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Have you booked parking yet? Purple Parking is next door to Premier Inn Bath Road and has a free shuttle bus to the terminals. That's be the easy option.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

If you have a valid flight ticket you can show that and use the underground free between terminals we have done it many times when flying from one terminal and back into another but stopping overnight at our arrival as opposed to departure terminal. heathrow/at-the-airp...ween-terminals
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Have you booked parking yet? Purple Parking is next door to Premier Inn Bath Road and has a free shuttle bus to the terminals. That's be the easy option.
That is an option, will be a longer journey back on your arrival back into T5 though as the only real downside.
Old 18 Sep 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
How about the PI at T4?
Free bus or rail from T5 to T4 (you need to pick up a free ticket at the underground station)
Walk into T4 and use the free rail transfer to T3.
I've used it for flights from T5

Edited at 03:56 PM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I decided to book Premier Inn Bath Road, drop wife and Bags there then go and park the car at T5 longstay and get a taxi back from T5.

Just seems the simplest option