Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 22 Sep 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Renting to US residents, how?

I have seen mentioned on here that the best way to rent DVC points to those in the US is via Facebook, can anyone give me further advice, where on Facebook do I advertise and how, I do not use face book so it’s all foreign to me 😩
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
TomBella
I have Ears

Hi, I used a group called “DVC Disney Vacation Club Points Rental” and just posted my points on there. I made reservations for quite a few families and they paid via PayPal. I’m not sure exactly how the PayPal fees were paid. At the time we had 400 points that were due to expire on 31st August as BA had just cancelled our flights and we obviously couldn’t travel. We literally managed to rent out 398 in the space of a couple of weeks. There is an element of trust there but most people have rented before. The ones I did were for short trips rather than someone renting all my points so they were all genuine holiday makers. You find Florida residents will often take a weekend break to Disney so they like to pick up quick getaways. I sold generally between $12-$14 per point which is pretty cheap but I was desperate to get rid of them so you could probably ask more. We now have a tidy sum sat in the bank to rent out more points for Aug 21 as we are restricted on how many we can borrow from our Sep 21 use year.
TomBella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

See post 10 in this thread - loads of info in there to help you

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1177781
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

If you’re renting out via the FB group, would you feel more comfortable posting and then waiting for interest, or would you respond to a post seeking points?

Or am I over thinking this?!
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by hscx3boys View Post
I have seen mentioned on here that the best way to rent DVC points to those in the US is via Facebook, can anyone give me further advice, where on Facebook do I advertise and how, I do not use face book so it’s all foreign to me 😩
Just be careful when not using a company to help you rent out your points. I know there is a lot of success renting out points on your own but there are some bad stories too. Just protect yourself at all times.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Thank you for all the advice, I will look into all of the above 👍
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

I’m looking to rent too but going to use a company to assist - I would worry too much about what ifs buts etc so rather try and relieve some stress.
Old 23 Sep 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
I’m looking to rent too but going to use a company to assist - I would worry too much about what ifs buts etc so rather try and relieve some stress.
I tried to use David's but had no nips off him so went elsewhere, I still haven't told him my points are gone and he has not contacted me with a potential renter. i think he must have many people wanting to rent with him and not enough lookers
Old 23 Sep 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Ah I see - who did you use in the end?
Old 23 Sep 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I used the other big Disney board- if you don't post on there much or at all you have to pay I think $28 to list.

Mine took about 3 weeks or so to go, to 4 different people, all from USA. I used a simple agreement I found via google and used paypal friends and family.

If you use friends and family the renter cannot try to reclaim the funds - its like a bank transfer-

Paypay will load the exchange with 3% however- but if you buy Disney gift cards in USD theres no conversion. I did that and put the cash to my dues.