Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Sep 16, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Booking travel direct with Eurostar is usually loads cheaper than with DLP. You won't get the express (unless you want to pay €16 per person!) but for 10 min walk is it worth it? You can always do the luggage transfer on your return for €11 per room.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Booking travel direct with Eurostar is usually loads cheaper than with DLP. You won't get the express (unless you want to pay €16 per person!) but for 10 min walk is it worth it? You can always do the luggage transfer on your return for €11 per room.
I didn't know about the luggage transfer when i leave DLP.

Thanks for letting me know.
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It sounds expensive but if you price up Alton Towers for the same length of time staying on site you will be surprised. AT doesn't automatically include park tickets, water park tickets yes, but you have to pay for the park.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
It sounds expensive but if you price up Alton Towers for the same length of time staying on site you will be surprised. AT doesn't automatically include park tickets, water park tickets yes, but you have to pay for the park.
I tried going cheap in the past and staying at a cheaper hotel.
I hated it.

I kept checking for the past few weeks to see if prices would drop and they didnt.

So bit the bullet and booked.

I dont think anything is cheap nowadays.
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Boots1234 View Post
I have paid a fortune to go for two nights during the 3rd week in october.

Because I want to stay at Newport, direct eurostar with standard premier going and because i am on my own.

I only booked a week ago.

£693 and that is NOT including half board.
Weren't you able to get it on the 2 nights free offer? I've booked to say at Sequoia Lodge on my own next September, with the stay 2 nights and get 2 nights free option. I'm going on direct Eurostar but booking for that is not open yet. I've opted for half board premium and the cost without the Eurostar is £678.

Edited at 05:29 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Weren't you able to get it on the 2 nights free offer? I've booked to say at Sequoia Lodge on my own next September, with the stay 2 nights and get 2 nights free option. I'm going on direct Eurostar but booking for that is not open yet. I've opted for half board premium and the cost without the Eurostar is £678.
I dont think i could get the 2 nights free.
It was just 15% off.
If i had booked for beginning of october it would have been 25% off.
Also i only booked the trip last week so i think the 2 free nights wasnt on for next month.
I could be wrong though. Dont quote me :-)
Old 17 Sep 16, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Boots1234 View Post
I dont think i could get the 2 nights free.
It was just 15% off.
If i had booked for beginning of october it would have been 25% off.
Also i only booked the trip last week so i think the 2 free nights wasnt on for next month.
I could be wrong though. Dont quote me :-)
I gave you the wrong price there! I stated the price with my deposit taken off. The total without the Eurostar is £799. I'm looking to add about £100 or so for the Eurostar. I've booked with the Walt Disney Travel Company and am checking the Eurostar every day LOL
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
You can book it on the train we have done this twice and each time they have charged us £16 for the whole party not each maybe we got lucky
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by vickiell View Post
It has got more expensive over the last few years. In 2012 we stayed in the disneyland hotel for £850!
Oh good it's not just me. I was experimenting with dates and hotels, and for 2 of us at DLH 4 nights with 2 free and it was coming in around 1600 with no transportation. I was positive in 2008 when we stayed, 4 of us in 2 rooms was about £800 each room including Eurostar and I don't think we had a free night offer, thoigh we probably had some discounted offer. That price rise is ridiculous! Part of why we're staying off-site for our current trip. Though if I can find a good deal in the future I would love to stay at DLH again some time. I suspect future onsite will be Sequoia, or maybe Davy Crockett Ranch
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 03:58 AM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 16, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread