Old 15 Oct 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Which Heathrow Hotel ?

Looking to book an overnight stay , flying into and out off Terminal 5, any suggestions, experiences or recommendations would be gratefully received

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Sofitel Terminal 5 is great if a bit pricey and it's right at the terminal. You can often find it on Lastminute secret hotels though.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
Sofitel Terminal 5 is great.
Totally agree. I prefer this one compared to the one at Gatwick.
1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We love the Premier Inn Bath Road.
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Always stay here. Staying 21 december before going to NY for xmas. £29.50
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We're staying at the Thistle Thursday night and are inexplicably excited about using the driverless pods Friday morning!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jb-s
Getting to know the DIBB

The Sofitel is lovely and really makes the hotel before the airport part of the holiday; we got a good price through Holiday Extras with a discount code and booked a mini spa treatment each which was good value and included access to all the spa facilities. Heavenly. Great room service food and such an easy journey to the terminal next day.
jb-s is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Triciamcl View Post
Looking to book an overnight stay , flying into and out off Terminal 5, any suggestions, experiences or recommendations would be gratefully received
It would have to be Sofitel for me. We always have a lovely meal in their good restaurant the night before and it is the start of the holiday.

I have found the pricing to be all over the places, sometimes it is £120 and sometimes £300.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I need an answer to the same question. We're flying to NYC in Jan and need to be at the airport at 8am on a Wednesday morning. That means M25 in rush hour and it'll take forever - don't really want to put my parents through that so I'm thinking of staying the night before and driving up at 8pm or so.

Sofitel looks lovely, but very pricey. I found it for a travel agent rate for £185 as the cheapest but that's still a lot for 1 night, especially when we'll arrive a bit late.

But then the other options all involve buses and I hate buses. Might check out the Thistle one mentioned above with the pods!
Old 17 Oct 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jb-s
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I need an answer to the same question. We're flying to NYC in Jan and need to be at the airport at 8am on a Wednesday morning. That means M25 in rush hour and it'll take forever - don't really want to put my parents through that so I'm thinking of staying the night before and driving up at 8pm or so.

Sofitel looks lovely, but very pricey. I found it for a travel agent rate for £185 as the cheapest but that's still a lot for 1 night, especially when we'll arrive a bit late.

But then the other options all involve buses and I hate buses. Might check out the Thistle one mentioned above with the pods!
I too hate buses/any kind of faff with luggage and this convenience was another plus; I think it's one of those things where the cost feels a bit steep when you're booking it but when you're actually there you just sigh and think "it's so worth it" and the cost doesn't really enter your mind. (P.S. I'm not sponsored by Sofitel I just loved it! )
jb-s is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List