Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 May 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
Oh that’s ridiculous and not fair at all! I wouldn’t have been happy! Your poor son. ☹️ I hope it’s better than he expects and I hope the school get back to you ASAP! 😤
Thank you. I really hope so too. School have not rung me back which takes the @#%@ but not sure what else i can do. The adjudicator apparently tried to get them to stop

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Dibbing with Tink

No exams for DD today or Monday, but 6 in total across tues, wed, thurs. DD has also been ill all week, so trying to get a bit of rest as well as revising over the weekend.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

I haven't seen DD yet as she goes straight to dancing from school and I know better than to ask her anything in a text! She found the Chemistry yesterday quite difficult because there was a lot of Maths on it but it was better than Biology and at least she attempted all the questions. She was quite confident about French writing so I just hope it went well. She finishes on the 14th too.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

My dd’s teacher thought it a good idea to go through their chemistry exam paper yesterday, that they had done the day before. She was really upset because of his answers she is now worried she hasn’t done very well . I mean what to**er would do that?
It’s hard enough and stressful enough without some numpty adding to the pressure.
I have tried to tell her to put it aside, you can’t change it and concentrate on the next ones.
My daughter also finishes on the 14th, her last day of school too. Then a couple of weeks later does NCS for 4 weeks.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lorrie36 View Post
My dd’s teacher thought it a good idea to go through their chemistry exam paper yesterday, that they had done the day before. She was really upset because of his answers she is now worried she hasn’t done very well . I mean what to**er would do that?
It’s hard enough and stressful enough without some numpty adding to the pressure.
I have tried to tell her to put it aside, you can’t change it and concentrate on the next ones.
My daughter also finishes on the 14th, her last day of school too. Then a couple of weeks later does NCS for 4 weeks.
That’s awful for your daughters teacher to do that, it doesn’t help as they can’t change it

My daughter has been on The Student Room and people are putting mark schemes on there, I told her not to look, why worry even more?

My daughter is also going to NCS in the summer
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by lorrie36 View Post
Oh for goodness sake, I’m a teacher and trying to be professional but the actions of some other teachers make it so difficult at times, why on earth would he do that?

Mine are also doing NCS, going to France for the first week!
Old 17 May 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another GCSE mom here.
And NCS mom.

Shes says she dory "just keep swimming".
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Poor DS has been in bed with a stomach bug and temperature but insisted on dragging himself in for his P.E. exam today. He looked dreadful. School have said they will apply for special consideration and I hope it does something as he’s worked really hard for these exams and this is just the worst time to be ill,
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We were talking about that today - what happens if you can’t make it in due to illness?
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Poor DS has been in bed with a stomach bug and temperature but insisted on dragging himself in for his P.E. exam today. He looked dreadful. School have said they will apply for special consideration and I hope it does something as he’s worked really hard for these exams and this is just the worst time to be ill,

Oh how horrible for him. There must be some consideration for these sorts of things. Hope he feels better soon ☹️

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List