Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 May 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mack
Earning More Ears

Three Generations Do Disney...First Timers *Trip Report - Pre Travel Day*

Pre Travel Day – 10th May 2019

Well today is the day I’ve been counting down to from 360+ days. I cannot believe it. My tummy is swishing about like there’s a huge wave inside – feeling anxious, excitement, nervous and most of all bloody happy!

I was awake quite early and just lay for a while convincing myself that I was actually going to Florida!

The kids were at their dads last night and he took them to school this morning, I was to be picking them up at 2.30 but before all that I had things to do, I had my physio appointment at 9am for my ankle that I injured back in February playing netball, it still wasn’t right and I was a little worried that I might struggle when away. She worked her magic and it felt as good as new…always does after a session but gradually starts to stiffen up. Maybe the Florida heat will help.

After that I quickly popped in for a sunbed, to prep my skin for the sun its about to see for the first time this year and then home to pack my final bits and pieces. It’s a little bit stressful packing for three – I’m so glad I started weeks ago.

And there we have it, it was 2pm and my other half Martin had arrived to take us to the train station via the kids school to collect them. I did have my Disney ears on and was planning on collecting them with them on but they would’ve been mortified.

When I picked them up, they were so happy. This made me even more excited.

So we were at Union Square just before 3pm, said our goodbyes to Martin – Cameron counted that I gave him 7 kisses. I’m going to miss Martin and felt a little pang of guilt for leaving him, that lasted a few seconds, he had his choice and I’m sure he will enjoy the peace and quiet!

Now, the kids up to now think it’s just the three of us going...muhahah! It’s not, my mum is coming (a big secret to keep for 360+ days) so I give her a quick text and let her know what entrance I’m coming in at and that I’ll meet her at Las Iguanas, I then text her again to let her know we were seated. Got the kids sitting with their backs in the direction mum would be appearing. I see her…I say to the kids that I want a photo of them so to pose, I’m secretly away to video it. Then Mum walks into the wrong restaurant, she walks into Wagamama with her Disney ears on and I could see her looking for us but I’m trying to stop the kids from turning around. Finally…she sees me and the kids suss something is up…before they turnaround, I quickly get out my mouth, I have one last surprise before they turn around and see Grandma. Surprise kids, she’s coming too! They were excited that Grandma was coming along. Her husband Gary dropped Mum off and I went inside to get us all some drinks, starting the holiday as you do. Mum had a hot water and lemon as she wasn’t feeling too good and the kids had some fruit mocktails, I stepped up and had a strawberry daquiri!

Gary suddenly pulled out some envelopes and handed them to us all, he gave us some spending money which was really nice of him. We finished our drinks and headed to the station.

Now Scotrail have been a bit crap to travel with, cancelling trains and reducing carriages and guess what, yes they reduced the carriages on our train so our reserved seating was no longer valid. We said good bye to Gary and headed onto the train a bit early to grab table seating – result we got one. The train wasn’t too busy but by the time we got to Dundee it was heaving, folk were standing everywhere – shambles! I got myself some mini bottles of prosecco and mum still wasn't able for a drink. Dominos sent me a text whilst on the train and I wanted to send them this reply...

We arrived at Glasgow Queen Street not long after 7pm, it was pouring down – we all travelled with light hoodies so we were soaked by the time we got into our taxi. Taxi was a set price of £30 and 20 mins later we were pulling up to the Premier Inn. We had a table booked for 8.30pm, had some food and was all bedded by 10pm.

Alarm set for 5.45am…we travel tomorrow, eek!

Thank you for reading!

Edited at 09:37 PM.
Disney_Mack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
8gotoWDW
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Have a great trip.

Look forward to reading your report
8gotoWDW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Eeeeeep I can feel the excitement!

So funny that you’re mum went to the wrong place! So Susan

LOL at the Dominos text!

Excited for travel day! Xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How funny to see Union Square mentioned in a trippy! Great start to your journey... I hope your mum feels better before that long flight... looking forward to reading along 😃😃
Old 29 May 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Great start! 😄
Old 29 May 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Totally chuckling at your Mum going into the wrong restaurant! What a lovely surprise for the kids though!

Glad to see you cracking on with the cocktails and Prosecco... the holiday starts here! Excited for the rest!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Great first day ! Have just belly laughed out loud at your dominoes text!

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A great pre-travel day! I can remember swiping & deleting emails off my phone en-route to the airport, thinking pretty much the same about all the random Groupons etc - No thanks - I won’t be needing xyz, sorry I’ll be in Florida, 😂
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List