Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jun 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tonigary
Imagineer

yes, he is never off work, but I think now he needs to look for something else, he loves work, but not going to be taken advantage of anymore
tonigary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Another slant... If he's in the works van then he needs to be at work for it to be insured. If he's still at work then he's incurring extra time over and above his usual be that paid or toil.
Sounds like his employer is not very organised, takes staff for granted. I doubt there is a contract.
I would ask ACAS what your rights are.
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sorry I thought you meant a month sick in ten years, not annual leave
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nanu View Post
So your saying he's only ever taken 30ish days holiday over the last 10 years?
That us just ridiculous! Has he been paid for the annual leave he didn't take?
Where does health and safety come into this? He must be worn out!
I would suggest from now keep a record of everything even breaks ( or not) during the day.
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tonigary View Post
yes, he is never off work, but I think now he needs to look for something else, he loves work, but not going to be taken advantage of anymore
I don't mean to sound rude, so please don't take it that way, but there's loving work and there's being taken for a mug. I know it's his decision that he wishes to work his holidays but the employer has a duty of care and well being for staff. What kind of employer thinks this is acceptable? He would get paid for his holidays so he should take them. His contract would say how many days he's entitled to and how he should take them. My contract says I can carry over some days to a certain point of the following year, my husband's says he's to use them up by the end of the year or lose them. I hope he is getting paid in lieu
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m pretty sure that the boss is breaking the law on the annual leave, I’m more shocked at that than the issue of working overtime!
Your husband really needs to get a copy of his contract and read through carefully to see what his entitlements are, from overtime payment, ill health provision, leave and contracted hours.
I would advise speaking to ACAS if he isn’t part of a union.
But I would seek all the information before confronting the boss, and would probably wait until I had another job lined up before I did.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tonigary View Post
My husband has just rang me, and he will be back in the work yard, in 20 odd minutes, he was lucky today as the job didnt take too long, but he is still not at yard. He will be home about 7.45.
Ericsmum, this can happen alot, getting back to the yard, and no overtime. We have decided, to get our holiday out of the way, and then he will look for another one.
So annoying that employers dont recognise a good worker, as I said before, in 10 years he has had about 1 month off, and that was spread over 10 years.
I must admit, I agree with some previous posters that many people have to travel for work and will not be being paid for it. I have travelled at weekends, I have done extremely long working days with the travel, it was the norm and nobody would have dreamt of asking for pay.

But some of the other things you have said are a bit concerning, docking one hours pay because of a dental appointment is petty. And I am incredulous at the holiday situation, this is surely illegal if he has been prevented from taking his holidays.

As an aside, my definition of a good worker would not include someone who has only had one month of in ten years (not saying this is the definition of a bad worker, but there is nothing good about it).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Rule to work.

Any hours worked over your contracted hours is paid overtime.

If no overtime payment is to be made, work them hours only.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Your husband needs to sort out what he's entitled to: 5.6 weeks off per year minimum. 20 minute break if working over 6 hours, a proper contract. He is employed and not a 'worker' or self employed is he? Googling will give you all the information ready to take to his boss, who, if your husband is an employee, won't have a leg to stand on. Check too, if he's owed back pay for holiday not taken

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tonigary
Imagineer

No I mean my husband has only had a month off sick over 10 years. He gets his holidays. I
tonigary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List