Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andycm81 View Post
I prefer Virgin's on board facilities, and if both were the same price, I'd choose Virgin, but as a family of four, the savings we make flying TC make the choice an absolute no brainer.

TC are still a very good airline, meals are nice, IFE is OK, but who doesn't have some sort of device to take with them to watch/play on?

OP - I wouldn't hesitate in booking with TC. We're flying with them in just under four weeks!
We don’t have any devices to watch movies on so if the IFE is poor that makes for a very long flight😬that is something that virgin is v good at providing
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CRISSY61 View Post
We don’t have any devices to watch movies on so if the IFE is poor that makes for a very long flight😬that is something that virgin is v good at providing
There's a great selection if you upgrade to the 'premium' IFE imo..

In all honesty.. who is ever going to watch more than 2-3 movies out of the 50 to pick from?
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ah, ok, very presumptuous of me I guess! The TC IFE isn’t terrible by any stretch, just less choice and not as current as Virgin, but you can upgrade the IFE for around £6 each I believe!

Regardless, you shouldn’t be put off TC.
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
sorry but they are my friend just had email for november flight thats exactly what they are doing and it states overhead ife they are going to get small refund because they paid for seats
Which route is your friend flying? As the MAN to MCO routing in Nov is all Covered by TC core fleet.
It would be interesting to find out as the three AT A330 on the lease market are all working just now, two for Jet2 and one for Condor out of Germany.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Which route is your friend flying? As the MAN to MCO routing in Nov is all Covered by TC core fleet.
It would be interesting to find out as the three AT A330 on the lease market are all working just now, two for Jet2 and one for Condor out of Germany.
I was going to say.. TC aren't using the air tanker this year if I'm not mistaken.
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61

Mobile

Seems like the votes for Thomas cook are persuading me to give them a try this year if the price is much lower than virgin can offer. If we choose economy exit row seats do we have to sit next to the toilets? Seat plan seems to show this is the case unless I am looking at the wrong aircraft
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Seems like the votes for Thomas cook are persuading me to give them a try this year if the price is much lower than virgin can offer. If we choose economy exit row seats do we have to sit next to the toilets? Seat plan seems to show this is the case unless I am looking at the wrong aircraft
Are you looking at this seat plan? seatguru/airlines/Th...s_A330-200.php

If so the toilets towards the middle/behind wing of the aircraft are downstairs..
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61

Mobile

Thankyou I didn’t know the aircraft had a downstairs area. Think I may have been looking at a different aircraft where it appears row 9 is next to toilets. Worst nightmare would be to pay extra for legroom then have people queue for the toilet in front of you for most of the flight. Experienced this on a virgin premium flight couple of years ago- not the best flight 🙁
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

What dates are you flying? And have you checked prices this morning? Virgin's prices, for my dates, dropped dramatically for me today. Total price yesterday for 2 adults, 1 child - £1,800 (roughly). Today - £1,300. Economy classic. This is 9th May - 23rd May 2020.

So I've finally bitten the bullet and booked, as that is the cheapest price I have seen so far (once you take into account seat selection - essential for me, not so for others, I know).

Whichever you choose, you will have an amazing time!
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61

Mobile

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
What dates are you flying? And have you checked prices this morning? Virgin's prices, for my dates, dropped dramatically for me today. Total price yesterday for 2 adults, 1 child - £1,800 (roughly). Today - £1,300. Economy classic. This is 9th May - 23rd May 2020.

So I've finally bitten the bullet and booked, as that is the cheapest price I have seen so far (once you take into account seat selection - essential for me, not so for others, I know).

Whichever you choose, you will have an amazing time!
Thanks we fly 7may- I’ll keep an eye on prices- we may be comparing prices too soon- we got a good deal on economy with virgin around August/ not so good for premium