Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jul 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
I've flown numerous times on the Dreamliner from East Midlands and Birmingham. Our next flight in September we have extra space seats row 10, which I'm looking forward to. Extra space is also available at row 30 and these have a huge amount of leg room, being exit row. The downside to row 30 is it's right next to the toilets, and folk do stand in this area. PE - we liked row 1, row 7 has no windows, and again the middle and right hand side are next to the toilet. Also had extra legroom, and these are good too.
Fantastic plane on every account, we choose TUI to fly on the Dreamliner into Sanford with luck n a following wind we can deplane, get thru baggage & security pick up car n be in the road within 45 mins - no brainer to use them.
JanetteParker I too have chosen row 10 for us (didnt book seats but they rang n made me an offer I couldn't refuse) for September so if I remember I'll let you know if it's good.
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have flown on the Dreamliner once and it was great.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

We've flown on the TUI Dreamliner several times, both short haul (Greece) and long-haul Caribbean and couldn't fault the service one bit.

Premium is great if you can snag an upgrade from economy.

Overall service is great and IMO better than VA/BA.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post

I can only concur with what everyone else has said. It's a nice flight, the best I've ever been on.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by eddiehead View Post
Plane / staff excellent
Food not so
i'd say the food is completely subjective... personally, i found it to be adequate. it's plane food. if you dont like that sort of thing on other flights, you'll probably hate this too. take a sandwich or something!

as for the flight, get as close to the front as possible, you will exit to plane at SFB from the front left doorway. personally, i wouldn't bother with the extra legroom seats, as they are all in the rear half of the plane. i'd rather be off in the first 50 people or so, that way you can be through security/immigration/bag collection and in your car in under half an hour

plane-wise. i definitely had less jetlag effects last time i flew on it, but that may be entirely made up in my head...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scolly
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Would like to agree with what some other people gave already said. We were on the Dreamliner this year. It’s a good plane. I’m 6”3 and found the leg room fine and did not need to upgrade to extra leg room seat. We have done premium in the past with ba and found it to be good. But never with tui.
Scolly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Fantastic plane on every account, we choose TUI to fly on the Dreamliner into Sanford with luck n a following wind we can deplane, get thru baggage & security pick up car n be in the road within 45 mins - no brainer to use them.
JanetteParker I too have chosen row 10 for us (didnt book seats but they rang n made me an offer I couldn't refuse) for September so if I remember I'll let you know if it's good.
That would be perfect, so I'll probably be getting off the plane as you are getting on it to come home! We too are staying at AKL for 5 days, so any tips on rooms would be great too. We've paid £55 for the seats, which I'm more than happy with as we only paid £369 for the flight, including luggage. We originally had the extra legroom booked at £45 each, but having seen these seats, I think they're the best ones. We need to be quick off the plane as we have Restaurantosaurus Burgers and Sundaes booked that night

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cliftonite
Serious Dibber

We were one of the first on the Tui dreamliner in August 2013 to Florida MAN to SFB and have flown to Dom Rep once... but very soon to be twice as going this August. Have flown both PE and economy too.

It is an amazing plane with increased oxygen meaning very little jetlag and we hit our first day in the park very fresh and ready to go.

Food I found was fine - both in PE and Economy, staff were helpful, IFE not as comprehensive as Virgin but perfectly fine.

Flying into Sanford is a plus in my mind as yes it is smaller, but we in the hire car leaving the airport 47mins after touchdown, and were pulling into AKL after the 52 mins drive.

Looking at 2021 and Tui is in the mix - certainly flightswise.

2008 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2011 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2013 WL (2 weeks) ~~~ 2018 OKW & Portofino
Cliftonite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Did Sanford on a Dreamliner in PE and was impressed with the comfort, IFE and the staff. Food was OK. Went to Toronto in economy it was decent. Good aircraft.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bodacia
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
just had a mate do Doncaster to sandford on dreamliner and loved it
We fly from there in October for the first time on the Dreamliner, can’t wait
Bodacia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List