Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jul 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We absolutely loved the nemo suite at AOA & it would be our 1st choice to return to.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We never had any issue with AKL transport and found it just as quick as any other resort, if not faster. Buses were more frequent and travel isnt that far.
AKL is a very very unique hotel and you have a high change of getting a partial view room. AKL is also a fantastic deluxe but AOS is a Value Plus resort.
AKL has plenty of lookouts both inside and out.
AKL rooms are big enough for a family and have balconies, but AOA have no outside private space.
If you are use to 4*/5* then its AKL, which is also far higher rated on Trip Advisor. AKL is approx a 4* hotel but AOA is approx a 3.5 star.
Think Premier Inn vs Marriott. Nothing wrong with a Premier in, but its no Marriott.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 01:01 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

With kids that young, I would seriously consider the suite. I have stayed at AKL several times but never a value. I like the Mara becuase it has some unusual offerings. My understanding is values have much more comprehensive food courts, which may appeal more to little ones.

In a standard room, there is limited themeing where values have over the top themes, which I feel appeal more to kids.

Also it is my understanding, you can park relatively close to your room at a value. Last time we were at AKL, we had trouble getting a parking space when getting there in the evening.

My experience with Disney busses is varied and I think based on the driver. some seem to think they are at a speedway, others out for a Sunday afternoon drive. The same ride can take various amounts of time.

Have you asked your kids what they think of videos and photos of each resort?
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m not a great fan of AKL but would pick it over AoA every time just for the wow factor, facilities and balcony. I don’t like the Mara at AKL but it doesn’t sound like you’ll be using it much anyway. The travel is a non issue for me. The slowest time on all transport options is getting out of the parks themselves at closing time. Once on the road it’s not so much of a difference to be a game changer.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List