Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jul 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

I joined Three in December last year on the £20/month 100GB plan, and have excellent speeds/connection here in Wiltshire.. speeds in Florida were surprisingly great and had 4G in most areas on our March trip
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I knew i'd get some useful info on here!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I switched from EE to 3 last year. Network wise at home I've noticed very little difference, in fact my phone has connected in areas where family on EE have had no signal. I live on the outskirts of Edinburgh

The big draw was the fact that its hassle free when it comes to roaming
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

We both switched to 3 from Vodafone last year we are both low users of data and have the Sim only 12GB data package.

After initial set up we had to contact 3 on arrival in USA as initially didn't work properly we used in Florida with no problems and have had no problems in UK either.

Found the staff in the 3 shop really helpful a pleasant change from Vodafone.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I just went from being with EE for years even when it was Orange, to today being a 3 customer, got a Huawei P30 £29 a month, £29 upfront, 100gb data a month, best EE could match it was £39 a month with £50 upfront
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooky
Getting Excited

Been with three for many years, unlimited data/calls £15per month...can’t complain!
Great for use abroad, my other half had a text last time we arrived back from Florida’s saying she had saved £3000 by roaming with three!
Spooky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
Thanks everyone. I'm in central London so hopefully signal will be ok (I wonder if they have a cooling off period in case it doesn't work - i'll check that)

I'm with Vodafone at the moment but totally fed up with them!

I'll do some investigating and find out what else is out there too
Go on the 3 website as you can check what the signal is like in your area 👍🏻
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
Go on the 3 website as you can check what the signal is like in your area 👍🏻
Yes, i've checked that! For my postcode there are areas that are fine and some that say the signal isn't good!

I've switched over - or I will be switched over by Monday and they have said that if the signal doesn't work in my flat then they will cancel the contract. Fingers crossed it all works well though as I think their prices are really good and it'll come in very handy when i'm abroad for holidays and work

Thanks again everyone for the feedback, really appreciate it

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Ive been on three since the very start and for me and DH they are brillliant never an Issue in the US and no problems at work in London and none at home.

I have a work phone on EE and it is dire ,when working at home no signal in the house at all I live in the rural Wales / England Borderland
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Hi, we all moved over to 3 Mobile contracts a couple of years ago after using the PAYG sims while on holiday. We live in rural Scotland and the signal is great here, in fact I am the only person who can get a signal at work in nearby village as our workplace is pretty much in a valley. It’s so much handier going on holiday without having to set up the PAYG sims first like we had to in the past. We have sim only contracts which I set up through Top Cash Back, we got £60 cash back on each which was a nice wee bonus.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List