Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Feb 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I also think it's a shame that they built Disneyland in Europe where they did. Cheap sugar beet fields and bankers' monetary enticements secured Marne la Vallee. Shame they didn't build in Spain or Italy where we could have been guaranteed better weather.
That said, living in London it's great to know we can be there in under 3 hours from where we live. I welcome the takeover. It can only be good for DLP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

It will be a shame to no longer be a shareholder, it seemed quite nice to think that I owned a pit of Disneyland Paris, even if it was only a small piece.

I bought them at just over 1 euro a share so will almost double my money, though I have saved much more than that with discounts on the meals and purchases. I think that this will be the main thing I miss.

salonmickey/

This blog seems to have the all the details plus the proposed timetable for those interested.
Old 10 Feb 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneypls
Imagineer

I bought shares years ago I haven't a clue how many do I need to sell them now or will they contact me. Confused?
Thanks
Disneypls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
I also think it's a shame that they built Disneyland in Europe where they did. Cheap sugar beet fields and bankers' monetary enticements secured Marne la Vallee. Shame they didn't build in Spain or Italy where we could have been guaranteed better weather.
That said, living in London it's great to know we can be there in under 3 hours from where we live. I welcome the takeover. It can only be good for DLP.
Guaranteed far better access for international visitors at Marne la
Vallee though.

And to be honest, Spain's economy is struggling. The Universal park there didn't last.

Plus, all the *ahem* cultural differences exist just as much in Spain as France.

Personally I hate heat and am quite happy going round a park in a thick winter coat - but I have been sunburned in DLP and frozen solid in WDW!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

If you look at the at the link I posted above it looks like an offer will be made for the shares in April you then have a month in which to either accept the offer and sell or reject the offer and not sell. However, if the Disney get 95% of the shares then they can buy the remainder of the outstanding shares.

How they know who has shares I am not sure, whether they will contact us directly I don't know. I will just be watching out and keeping an eye on what is happening.
Old 10 Feb 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can see them taking away Salon Mickey and the other perks for those who keep their shares. Meaning it is no longer worth holding them.
Oh well.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
I can see them taking away Salon Mickey and the other perks for those who keep their shares. Meaning it is no longer worth holding them.
Oh well.
Though if they manage to get 95% of the shares you won't have the option to keep them, the sale will be mandatory.
Old 10 Feb 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
Oh well.
Yes. I can see this too. However, the shares may actually become a financial investment to some if the Park begins to make a profit (I think this is very long term though).

I'm going end May and I'd really like to visit Salon Mickey one last time! Sounds like that won't happen 😭.

I'm not sure I'll sell my shares if I don't have to. I may be in the minority though if there are no 'perks' to being in the Club anymore.

Interesting what Ms Camels had to say about the Management Group - seems she hadn't been happy with the way things have been operating for some time!

ETA - I agree with a PP that says APs will become more expensive. But in the long term this will all be best for DLP I'm sure.

Edited at 05:00 PM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
I spent a week in Spain a couple of years ago and it rained the whole time. The sun came out the day I flew home ...
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Still think France was a bad choice.