Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Mar 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

It does now say on the website, lunch by reservation and dinner if you are staying in the DLH.

Seems a bit of strange change to make and it has been kept very quiet.

I presume though they will have to honour any bookings already made.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

I'm going to get organised and book my meals in the next few days. I'm staying at DLH but don't have a meal plan - will be interesting to see what I'm told as I wanted to book dinner one night.

I have to say, either way you look at it, I really can't understand the rationale behind this.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Let us know how you get on?
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I read it was changing because DLH guests were annoyed at arriving and being unable to get dinner reservations because Inventions was fully booked. I have read reviews from (very rich, very entitled) guests complaining about just that... and I wondered why on earth they hadn't just made their reservations in advance, like everyone else had. I think there was an expectation that staying in the DLH automatically gave you priority for dinner in Inventions. Now it looks like Disney are making it so that that they do have that advantage.

It doesn't bother me as we'll be staying in the DLH next holiday anyway, but I do wonder how it will work. It's such a money spinner, it makes sense for them to fill the tables, so I'm guessing they will take walk-ups, but I don't know how that will work while ensuring that there are enough tables for Mr and Mrs Ponceypants to show up without reservations. Maybe there will be a cut-off explained at check-in, eg that hotel guests need to reserve a table at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise spare tables will be made available to other visitors.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I also wonder whether this is a temporary thing because Cafe Mickey closing has resulted in more demand?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

I don't have much of an issue with people staying at the hotel having some form of priority over access to the restaurants in that hotel. I completely disagree with how they've gone about this though and can see the enforcement being relaxed pretty quickly.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

I see Magic Breaks make no mention of being able to book Inventions on an evening now either - just lunchtime and only Mon-Sat too (no Sunday brunch mentioned).

Not sure what's going on!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Have to say, one stay at DLH we couldn't get breakfast twice in 4 days in Inventions or Cali Grill and we did complain - along with a long line of hotel residents. Particularly when we were told the reason we had to eat a totally inferior offering in a very small meeting room was because they were experiencing a high level of 'non guest' demand for breakfast (i.e. Non residents paying)!

However, I see the situation with dinner to be completely different and wouldn't dream of whinging about it! I wonder if it's from people who stay in the hotel and have full/half board so expect to be able to eat in there. As much as I love Inventions, there are plenty of other nice places to eat!
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
I'm going to get organised and book my meals in the next few days. I'm staying at DLH but don't have a meal plan - will be interesting to see what I'm told as I wanted to book dinner one night.

I have to say, either way you look at it, I really can't understand the rationale behind this.
You'll be able to book dinner as you're staying in the hotel, don't need the meal plan for it

I think it's probably got much busier recently with people using meal vouchers who wouldn't normally eat there. When we went in Oct it was busy but not crazy busy. Wasn't much queue for the buffet.

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LufcDeb View Post
You'll be able to book dinner as you're staying in the hotel, don't need the meal plan for it

I think it's probably got much busier recently with people using meal vouchers who wouldn't normally eat there. When we went in Oct it was busy but not crazy busy. Wasn't much queue for the buffet.
Earlier guesses from pps were that it may be if you have a meal plan and staying there, or also that you can't prebook and have to book when you get there. I'll see what they say and report back. Might be a day or two before I call as still not 100% on plans.

And yes, you could be right. We've only used meal plans once (maybe twice) as I'm a Shareholder and often had an AP so it didn't make sense. However now, I think it's becoming more the norm to have some form of meal plan like at WDW.

I'm just waiting for the restaurant cancellation charges being introduced! 🙄

Edited at 10:53 PM.