Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 May 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
Sorry meant end of July. Brain fart!
Ah ok - I had visions of people sitting around scaffolding and the lights on - not quite the same ambience! 😂
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Ooh they're gorgeous! How am I supposed to choose just two for my girls if they're all that lovely?!
I LOVE the tree decs at DLP. They sell many all year but do have more range at Christmas. We have 2 trees - one is Disney and the decs the girls have made over the years (so a real family tree), and the other is a traditional, 'posh' tree. Love my Disney one though as it holds so many memories.

As someone mentioned, you used to be able to get some decs personalised at Harrington on Main Street and at the Christmas shop in the Castle. Not sure if this is still the case.

Are you there actually over Christmas? Are you getting a Christmas tree in the room/themed room?
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
I LOVE the tree decs at DLP. They sell many all year but do have more range at Christmas. We have 2 trees - one is Disney and the decs the girls have made over the years (so a real family tree), and the other is a traditional, 'posh' tree. Love my Disney one though as it holds so many memories.

As someone mentioned, you used to be able to get some decs personalised at Harrington on Main Street and at the Christmas shop in the Castle. Not sure if this is still the case.

Are you there actually over Christmas? Are you getting a Christmas tree in the room/themed room?
No, we're going in the run up to Christmas and leaving on Christmas Eve. It will be a bit late for buying decorations and putting them on the tree when we get home, but better late than never!

I like the idea of your Disney tree - we used to have a lovely traditional tree with entirely red and gold decorations, but it's been gradually taken over by the girls' personalised decorations and their homemade ones over the last 9 years! They have a tiny tree in their room, but maybe we should look at getting a bigger one for all their decorations, then our proper tree won't look so much like an explosion in a toy shop!
Elodie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

No, we're going in the run up to Christmas and leaving on Christmas Eve. It will be a bit late for buying decorations and putting them on the tree when we get home, but better late than never!

I like the idea of your Disney tree - we used to have a lovely traditional tree with entirely red and gold decorations, but it's been gradually taken over by the girls' personalised decorations and their homemade ones over the last 9 years! They have a tiny tree in their room, but maybe we should look at getting a bigger one for all their decorations, then our proper tree won't look so much like an explosion in a toy shop!
You'll have to hold yourself back from buying them at that time of year as they'll be all over! I had a huge carrier bag full 🙄. They wrap them well but I took as hand luggage on the flight. I always buy one every trip, but that Christmas trip there were so many to choose from.

Yes, my 'posh' tree is red and gold and 8 ft tall and sits in our hall. Love it. But my favourite is our family one - the Disney decs go so well with the girls' handmade ones. It always takes pride of place in one of the lounges! 👍🏻

Anyhoo back on topic (sorry OP)!

Just remembered another - we always try and get a photo of the girls in Skull Rock looking out. It's not always open though which can prove tricky!
Old 17 May 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

We got magnets and Christmas decs when we were at WDW, so I think that makes my list, as another Disney tradition.
My dd has a large shopping list and is desperate to get to the shops, I think for her it is shopping, characters and then rides!
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

If you like TsumTsums DLP is usually good for those too. I was disappointed with the collection at WDW.
Old 17 May 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

That's good, I think that dd had her eye on the 25th TsumTsums.
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

As Gill says we do Studios on the first day. We are also collecting hotel pins. We used to get 7am breakfast time slots but that of course has changed due to the new rules.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ooh they're gorgeous! How am I supposed to choose just two for my girls if they're all that lovely?!
You keep going back and buy more
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Mezza1991 View Post
We always stay on I-Drive.

OUr first morning is I-Hope with a walk to Universal studios. That walk through the moving walkway and a picture outside the globe is what really starts it!
I'm assuming this has been mis-posted but, if not, I'd love to know where the ihop is in DLP. I love ihop.