Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

back from DLP with some free meal plan info

Hi all,

I'm back from a lovely stay at DLP - my highs and lows are posted here -

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...7#post12656457

We had the "free" quick service breakfast vouchers, and half board plus vouchers.

On our breakfast vouchers the restaurants mentioned are Hyperion and one restaurant in Fantasyland - either Chalet au Marionette or Pizzeria Bella Notte. We used them in Chalet au Marionette on Monday morning - this is a full cold buffet selection (think Santa Fe/Cheyenne breakfast with individual yoghurts). I'd imagine Pizzeria Bella Notte would be the same (as they both used to be breakfast in the park locations). This version of the quick service breakfast is by far the best value I feel. The vouchers can be used from 8.30am until 11am, so even if you don't do mega-early mornings you could still use them in the park locations.
Look for the sign boards outside restaurants to see if they accept the vouchers - we also used ours in En Coulisse on Tuesday morning, no buffet here, only a choice of large pastry (pain au chocolat or croissant) choice of jams, mini pains served with both, butter, a hot drink of your choice and a cold (including OJ and water). Not a huge selection, but enough food to keep you going.

We used our half board plus vouchers at Plaza Gardens at their full value (even though its a standard restaurant, it was a good choice as it had a very good selection of food for everyone in our party). Then we used them at their face value for Inventions at the DLH, and Annettes. The platefuls at Annettes are always too much for us to have 3 courses, we can barely manage 2 there, so we had one kids meal (3 courses and a drink) and the rest of us (3 adults) had a main and a soft drink. I used 2 adult vouchers and one child's voucher at their face value, which were accepted with no problems at all, and nothing more to pay (my bill was around 86 euros and the face value of the vouchers came to 88). So I ended up with one adult voucher worth 36 euros which I didn't use at all as we didn't eat in the parks on our last day. I should have planned that a bit better really!
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thank you for posting. We go in Sept with six adults (there is usually two of us) and we have a couple picky eaters so I'm thrilled there is a cold buffet option. I've read they may be used at Starbucks and/or Main Street bakery. Is this true? I just read the Starbucks is open at the Cheyenne so that would be perfect for one day we are going into Paris.
YankInScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Sorry - one more question! We've always used our half board vouchers for the restaurants they are meant for. Can we use them at quick service restaurants even if the meal is cheaper than the face value? Thanks again!
YankInScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YankInScotland View Post
Thank you for posting. We go in Sept with six adults (there is usually two of us) and we have a couple picky eaters so I'm thrilled there is a cold buffet option. I've read they may be used at Starbucks and/or Main Street bakery. Is this true? I just read the Starbucks is open at the Cheyenne so that would be perfect for one day we are going into Paris.
I didn't notice the signage for the breakfast options outside Starbucks or Cable Car bakery to be honest. Only because I wasn't looking, maybe someone going soon can check for you?

Originally Posted by YankInScotland View Post
Sorry - one more question! We've always used our half board vouchers for the restaurants they are meant for. Can we use them at quick service restaurants even if the meal is cheaper than the face value? Thanks again!
yes you can (at the counter service restaurants which serve meal deals in the parks) - but the T&Cs say one meal deal per person per voucher, and you don't get any change if your voucher is worth more than the meal deal you buy at Counter Service restaurants. I didn't get around to trying this out, meant to but wasn't organised enough on our last day.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thanks for the replies! Because we are going into Paris for a day, I think we'll have a voucher left over so plan (plan, hoping I don't forget! ) to use them for a lunch.
Old 7 Jul 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for posting!

We go in September and the information on the half board vouchers haven't been 100% clear so it's great to know breakfast options in the park
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
We had the "free" quick service breakfast vouchers, and half board plus vouchers.

On our breakfast vouchers the restaurants mentioned are Hyperion and one restaurant in Fantasyland - either Chalet au Marionette or Pizzeria Bella Notte. We used them in Chalet au Marionette on Monday morning - this is a full cold buffet selection (think Santa Fe/Cheyenne breakfast with individual yoghurts). I'd imagine Pizzeria Bella Notte would be the same (as they both used to be breakfast in the park locations). This version of the quick service breakfast is by far the best value I feel
Hi Sammy,

did you have to pay any extra ontop of your vouchersfor this buffet style of breakfast?

Will be staying at the sante fe in Nov with the uk 'free' half board standard dining plan. Have seen from the trip advisor boards that I'd need to pay extra ontop of the voucher to get the breakfast at our hotel, would be fab if this style of breakfast was still available without the added cost!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jbop123 View Post
Hi Sammy,

did you have to pay any extra ontop of your vouchersfor this buffet style of breakfast?

Will be staying at the sante fe in Nov with the uk 'free' half board standard dining plan. Have seen from the trip advisor boards that I'd need to pay extra ontop of the voucher to get the breakfast at our hotel, would be fab if this style of breakfast was still available without the added cost!
no extra costs involved in the Fantasyland version of the quick service breakfast (which is the full cold buffet variety). You just hand over your breakfast vouchers as you go in, and help yourself.
Old 7 Jul 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Elly_LDN
Helping Donald

O this is good to know, but also very frustrating that it isn't explained well in the park. We went last month and was not aware we had a cold buffet option, it was only advertised as the sweet/savoury menu options, we couldn't even change orange juice to water! I wonder if this is something available everyday? As I would assume most people would head there instead of Hyperion...And if this is similar to the Santa Fe/Cheyenne breakfast then why are they charging people in those hotels? ...Thank for the update sammykitten. We are heading back in November so nice to hear this updated info.
Elly_LDN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Hmmm. This info is a bit of a game-changer if there is a buffet option available for the "free" breakfast. I had resigned myself to the Hyperion sweet/savoury option.

We are going to Davy Crockett next month and a big breakfast would be just the ticket.

We've managed to make bookings for Plaza Gardens and Restaurant du stars (or whatever its called!) for our 2 "main" meals.