Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Aug 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

When going to WDW I found the website a nightmare!

I constantly got an "Oops! Stitch ate the page!"
So they don't always get it right either.

Really hoping with the buy out things will continue to improve at DLP.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Sorry to hear you've been having such a nightmare sorting out your ADRs; that would really wind me up too! I hope you end up getting the restaurant reservations you want in the end.

As above, I'm also intrigued about how a week in California can cost the same as a DLP break. I've been pricing up Florida / California, and even if I compared them to a two week holiday in DLP, it's way over.

Our 2 week+ holiday last year (four people in August) included 5 days in DLP, staying on site, then 11 days in France, including Paris, and lots of paid for activities / days out, and came to approx. £2000 for travel, tickets, accommodation and food for the 16 days. I can't get anywhere near that price for four of us to go the USA in the summer holidays. Is it really possible?

Edited at 10:34 AM.
Elodie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
It's also 1/3 of the price.
Well, except that Memory Maker is free with Ultimate tickets so the majority of Brits get it free.

Mind you, the cruise version is $300 and you can't even choose your own borders!

I do hope DLP can employ more
photographers (should be at every meet and greet as they were initially) and take a look at the Memory Maker enhancements.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Well, except that Memory Maker is free with Ultimate tickets so the majority of Brits get it free.

Mind you, the cruise version is $300 and you can't even choose your own borders!

photographers (should be at every meet and greet as they were initially) and take a look at the Memory Maker enhancements.
Yeah but remember when staying onsite at DLP you don't have to buy park tickets... so technically it's not really free. Also a lot of the time the photopass is thrown in for free as part of an offer if you book through Magicbreaks.

I still think they need to improve photopass though, hopefully it's on the agenda now Disney owns it.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post

Brits make up a very small number of the guests that go to WDW though, the majority will be paying for it.

I completely agree they should be enhancing it. My main issue with it is the inconsistency of where they put photographers. They also don't advertise it enough, and the app is terrible. Ok I have a few main issues
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We haven't bothered with any ADRs for our trip. Just couldn't be bothered with the hassle. DLP really feels like the poor relation of the Disney Parks Family. I feel that WDW has spoiled me. I'm sure we will have fun on the rides/attractions and at least there's an Earl of Sandwich
Old 9 Aug 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
I constantly got an "Oops! Stitch ate the page!"
So they don't always get it right either.

Personally I wish somebody would eat Stitch! I also agree with the comments about Memory Maker. It's like DLP really is the poor relation. This put in this Catherine Powell person and so far all we've had is a grand parade for the 25th. WDS is like a land forgotten.

Edited at 02:05 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
It shouldn't happen but it does unfortunately. From the sounds of it though I think no matter what experience you have, your going into DLP with the mindset your going to hate it, which is a shame because although they are behind on some things (hopefully will rectify now it's owned by Disney), they do some things very right, and the parks particularly this year look and feel amazing.

I hope you can go and have a good time, and enjoy it.

P.S I have no idea how your getting a week in California to come out the same as DLP, I have priced up California many times and it comes out a good few grand more than all the prices we have paid for DLP (both offsite and onsite).
I don't hate it and I will have a darn good time but when something is a major part of a business and is advertised then I expect it to be so or some alternative to be offered. They have a computer problem. SO FIX IT! That's my point.

As to the California reference, I'm sorry, but I failed to mention my accommodation would be paid with DVC points. So I could easily have a week at the amount quoted. It is certainly more than £2000 when you are staying Concierge level.Try using DVC points for a booking at DLP and you wouldn't believe the complicated runaround they give you. With Tokyo Disneyland I can get a room organised with the points within 24 to 48 hours!

That fact remains that DLP is dragging its feet in so many areas. Converting a resort with a Marvel overlay doesn't cut it? Why is WDS not getting a Star Wars land? Why has it taken nearly 3 years to install Jack Sparrow at POTC or the upgrade at Star Tours?

People who go to DLP shelve out just as much as they would at the American parks. Why shouldn't they have the same level of entertainment and attractions and facilities?

The Memory Maker is also a good point raised by others. This the 21st century and DLP needs to be addressing that.

Edited at 02:36 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ch1ps View Post
We haven't bothered with any ADRs for our trip. Just couldn't be bothered with the hassle. DLP really feels like the poor relation of the Disney Parks Family. I feel that WDW has spoiled me. I'm sure we will have fun on the rides/attractions and at least there's an Earl of Sandwich
It's strange actually I thought the same thing, I went to DLP like 5 times between 2009 and 2012, then WDW twice in a row in 2013 and 2014, didn't go back to DLP until 2016 for Christmas, I was sort of not really looking forward to it as thought it would WDW had spoilt me, boy was I wrong forgot just how amazing DLP is, now I am not bothered about going back to WDW for another few years now, as DLP fills that void quite nicely, for me anyway
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Are you sure that you even rang the correct number? The number you gave in an earlier post is not the right one at all and could explain your problem - the reservations line is 00 33 1 60 30 40 50.

I got all my ADR's booked each time with that number and have used it as recently as the last week of July for this September trip with 0 problems and fantastic customer service from the cast member.

I think you're being a little unfair attacking DLP - it's not Catherine Powell's fault that TWDC have only just taken over. Before then, Paris was always seen as the secondary park with all of the money going to make the American and Asian parks continuously better (such as building a new park in Shanghai) with Paris always being left behind - what do you think will happen when it's not shown the same care and consideration? Hopefully now it will all change for the better but that's not to say that Paris was a bad park to begin with - my happiest memories, as well as many others on this board and others, come from DLP and the park is abolutely beautiful.

Honestly I think you need to remember how lucky you are that you are even going in the first place and that you can also get to some of the other parks around the world - some people will never be able to afford even a day trip to DLP.

Edited at 03:39 PM.
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List