Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Christmas clothes - do we really need snowsuits & thermals?!

Has anyone been with just gloves and a normal winter coat and shoes and been ok? I'm reluctant to fork out for 4 sets of thermals, thermal socks, snow boots etc. I'm also thinking that when queuing indoors we will be roasting with all that on...
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

We went last December. I think 15th - 19th. We had just gloves, coats, and woolly hats. Went with layers. Tees and sweatshirts. They can be removed if you get too hot. X

Edit: I wore normal trainers, as did my sister. My niece switched between her Disney vans and pink fluffy lined boots.

Edited at 11:17 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

i'm not going to lie OP - I've done several winter-season trips to DLP over the years, including in December, and I have a set of thermal base layers specifically for use there (and I've used them on more than one trip). I have never bought snowboots though, just cosy waterproof boots with maybe an extra pair of socks on.

My winter trips I come armed with layers, then winter coat, neck buff (not as bulky as a scarf), gloves (plus spares), and if you're prone to the cold, a hat or earmuffs.

Yes you'll be roasting when you go indoors to eat etc (thats when you strip off a couple of layers), but thats better than being too cold to stay in the parks (it can get very cold when the sun goes down around 4pm and you don't generate much heat waiting around for rides or for Illuminations). I don't recall being roasting in any ride queues either - the indoor queue areas aren't heated artificially, the only exception to that is POTC, and maybe the Princess Pavilion? (can't swear to that though as I've never queued in it!).

Edited at 07:59 AM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
lulu bear
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went in February 2013 and it is definitely the coldest I have ever been in my life. The fountains and the lake were frozen everyday and we had snow on our last day. We were totally unprepared for how cold it was going to be. We all had gloves and scarves. The kids had hats but our feet really suffered. We ended up forking out a fortune on thick fluffy Disney socks. Layers is definitely the way to go.
DLP Sept 2013=Hotel Cheyenne
DLP March/April 2015=Hotel Cheyenne
lulu bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Thanks, all. The fact that indoors isn't heated makes it easier to stay in wam clothes whilst queuing - I was imagining constantly putting on and taking off jumpers etc!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm going mid Dec & plan to bring thermals & winter coat hat & gloves. I don't like scarfs, so hoping I'll be warm enough! Just keep a check on the weather near the time & then decide. We went in January just after new yr in 2011 & it was very mild, we were in t shirts & hoodies by lunch time, we had to take the coats & hats off! Praying for it to be like that in December...not a chance!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've been lots in Nov/Dec/Jan - it IS cold and if the wind gets up its freezing, but I've never bought special clothes, we always just wear layers with hat, scarf etc and make sure our feet are warm - we've been fine. The lovely DLP hot choc helps too!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've only been in December and January...we were so unprepared for how cold it was both times..in the December we had freezing fog that just never lifted and OMG it was uncomfortably cold.In the January we had snow and ice,the river was even frozen over..it looked beautiful though but it was nice to get back to the lovely hot room after freezing in the parks.Thermals are a good idea.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBigdog
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We're off in November and I like to be prepared for all weathers. I've just got home from Aldi where I picked up a couple of pairs of fleece lined joggers for the boys and a fleece lined hoodie. Mens and womens available, I paid £9.99 for the joggers and £12.99 for the hoodie.
MrsBigdog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

My niece was dressed like this most days, except sometimes with vans on her feet. She didn't once complain about the cold. We were quite lucky as we had no rain and the days were clear.

Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List