Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 May 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
As I’ve already bought and paid through virgin holiday I can only change to their villas otherwise I’d lose money.

They say it’s somewhere between davenport and champions gate.

This is what makes me uneasy. I like to plan. I would rather know where I would be so I can plan.

I am a bit annoyed as all my planning has been for I-drive. Now we are going with half a plan really.
Just because you’re staying on I drive doesn’t mean you have to spend all your evenings there (I really don’t think the kids would enjoy walking up and down there all evening as a couple might).

I presume the hotel you have booked still has a pool the kids can spend their evenings in, with the odd evening in a park.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Got to be a villa I couldn’t stay in a hotel now. Here now and watching my 4 year old grandson having the time of his life in the pool and having space inside is great. He doesn’t want to leave
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP is it possible for you to change to a condo resort eg lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa, or Cypress Pointe. That way you’d get more space and facilities plus a larger pool for the kids.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

We had a really bad virgin villa on our first visit. Knew area but not what villa we were getting. Food (lots of sweets) under the bed, blood on sheet, no bbq that we hired and no cot for the baby- not what we needed after a really delayed flight. Since then I’ve booked through dibb or direct. I like to see exactly what I’m getting.
Would a resort style Town house (not sure if that’s right term) or apartment suit.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

We love a split stay onsite then villa, have to admit when we get to the villa the space is very welcome. You can get the ready made, just slice cinnamon rolls etc to just stick in the oven for a nice breakfast. My 2 love their own pool. We have done AOA once with Tui, and whilst I wouldn't do it again, it was our first villa stay and it was actually lovely, it helped us learn what was important to us in the villas we've selected since.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think I'd find out from Virgin if you could amend to a flydrive and then cost booking the villa separately rather than go for Virgin's allocated on arrival. You may get better value as well as knowing exactly where you are staying .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Old Key West "Villa" has always done for us
Each to their own!
Not a big fan of driving on hols although we do when we are doing coast - beach Florida trips.
Personal pools again never to fussed about when they were kids they seemed very happy with Disney pools.
We do hotel rooms at Universal to
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Always do a villa but did hotel last time. Really enjoyed the accessibility to I Drive for dinner etc. Was tough being in 1 room /suite though.
Have opted to go back to a villa this year. Will do 8 nights in hotels in Miami and the keys first so will be ready for the space and peace of a villa and the pool is a huge plus.
Also will be glad to self cater by the time we have done a week of eating out
Old 11 May 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have stayed in hotel rooms on and off site, suites, condos and villas whilst in Orlando.

For us, a Villa wins every single time. apart from the space, its the quiet and privacy after the organised chaos of a theme or waterpark..

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Can’t amend to fly drive as I would lose the money due to being very close to holiday dates.

Hubby had booked it so looks like it will be aoa which freaks me out but heyho. Hopefully better in the long run
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List