Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 May 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Woody252506
Earning More Ears

Clayton Hotel Manchester - Not impressed

Hello all,

So after a great trip with my wife and our four year old son (Art of Animation, Comfort Suites Maingate and pretty much every where stateside we visited and had service was great) we returned today to pickup our car from the Clayton hotel at Manchester airport after using their stay and park service where you sleep there the night before your flight , leave your car and they have it ready for you to pickup when you return.

I got the keys from the hotel and went to pack the car ready for our trip back to Leeds at rush hour. When leaving the car before our holiday the inside was spotless ( I have OCD with my car, especially the inside! I hate it been dirty and every couple of days take the mats out and give everywhere a good wipe to keep on top of it). It was like the parking company employees had been in a mud bath then got into the car. As you can see on the pictures the driver seat has mud marks on it (hopefully these will come out but at the expense of my time and cash) and the floor wells of both the front and rear were filthy. The most worrying aspect was my son's car seat was moved and pushed towards the centre of the rear seat in the back. As you can see there are two big foot marks so obviously the car has had rear passengers during its time while we have been away. I had to take out the car seat and re install because the seatbelt was so twisted! Extremely concerning and I have emailed Clayton and holiday extras direct as well as tweeting holiday extras. As yet no reply. I am fuming. I took photos straight away as the date/time stamp backs up when I picked the car up. After a long flight and been awake for so long we didn't have the energy to waste god knows how much time going back into the hotel at the time to raise the issue. It is also convenient that my dash cam footage has been wiped completely since our trip away! I will await their reply and depending on the nature of the response may well take to trip advisor and email the media to see if they have any interest in what has happened. It's also interesting that when you visit the trip advisor review page for the hotel there is a warning at the top informing you that there is evidence of corruption in terms of the reviews left on trip advisor for the Clayton hotel at Manchester. I thought it was important to let people on here know my bad experience if they are considering using the same place. Angry is an understatement!

Edited at 11:10 PM.
Woody252506 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

Oh my goodness, not nice to come home to.

Did you take a pic of your mileage before you set off?

This is why my H is adamant that we only park in places where we can keep our keys.

Hopefully you’ll get a satisfactory response from both HE & Clayton.

x

WDW July 2017
Lapland Dec 2024
Disneyland Hotel 2025
Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Woody252506
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Toria_dee View Post
Oh my goodness, not nice to come home to.

Did you take a pic of your mileage before you set off?

This is why my H is adamant that we only park in places where we can keep our keys.

Hopefully you’ll get a satisfactory response from both HE & Clayton.

x

Hi, yes I did take a note of the mileage as you have to state it on the form when you leave the car. It was under what they state the round trip journey is when they take it off site so I have no issue there. It's a complete lack of respect for other people's property. I have used a similar service before at other large chain hotels and always had the car returned as I left it, ie very clean! I won't be doing it again that's for sure!
Woody252506 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

eshop.v.vodafone/uk/v-auto-1
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I hope you get it sorted that is a shocking way to return to your car. Do you have any proof that you left it spotless(I’m like you I clean my car religiously) and picture of your mileage. Otherwise it may be a case of your word against there’s, can’t believe ppl abuse there trust you put in them, I do hope you get it sorted
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

It looks like they have used your car to transport drivers back from where they park them. If this is what they have done, they should do what garages do when they work on your car, put plastic covers on the seats and paper floor mats to protect the seats and keep the floor clean. I would be very annoyed as well if my car was returned in this state.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

I will never use an option that has me give up my cars. My FIL used a meet and greet type service at MAN a year or so ago, arrived home collected car and everything fine. Was a bit shocked when a few days later he got a penalty charge notice for parking illegally in nearby Wythenshawe whilst he was on holiday!
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mjspin View Post
I will never use an option that has me give up my cars. My FIL used a meet and greet type service at MAN a year or so ago, arrived home collected car and everything fine. Was a bit shocked when a few days later he got a penalty charge notice for parking illegally in nearby Wythenshawe whilst he was on holiday!
This is why we like to keep our keys when we park.

Trouble is finding one in Manchester, as most seem to want to keep your keys and the only one we've found so far is JetParks, which has terrible reviews

x

WDW July 2017
Lapland Dec 2024
Disneyland Hotel 2025
Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Mobile

We use Jet Parks all the time and never had a bad experience with them yet. Park your car up, take your keys with you, get on courtesy bus. All good.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Woody252506 View Post
Hello all,

So after a great trip with my wife and our four year old son (Art of Animation, Comfort Suites Maingate and pretty much every where stateside we visited and had service was great) we returned today to pickup our car from the Clayton hotel at Manchester airport after using their stay and park service where you sleep there the night before your flight , leave your car and they have it ready for you to pickup when you return.

I got the keys from the hotel and went to pack the car ready for our trip back to Leeds at rush hour. When leaving the car before our holiday the inside was spotless ( I have OCD with my car, especially the inside! I hate it been dirty and every couple of days take the mats out and give everywhere a good wipe to keep on top of it). It was like the parking company employees had been in a mud bath then got into the car. As you can see on the pictures the driver seat has mud marks on it (hopefully these will come out but at the expense of my time and cash) and the floor wells of both the front and rear were filthy. The most worrying aspect was my son's car seat was moved and pushed towards the centre of the rear seat in the back. As you can see there are two big foot marks so obviously the car has had rear passengers during its time while we have been away. I had to take out the car seat and re install because the seatbelt was so twisted! Extremely concerning and I have emailed Clayton and holiday extras direct as well as tweeting holiday extras. As yet no reply. I am fuming. I took photos straight away as the date/time stamp backs up when I picked the car up. After a long flight and been awake for so long we didn't have the energy to waste god knows how much time going back into the hotel at the time to raise the issue. It is also convenient that my dash cam footage has been wiped completely since our trip away! I will await their reply and depending on the nature of the response may well take to trip advisor and email the media to see if they have any interest in what has happened. It's also interesting that when you visit the trip advisor review page for the hotel there is a warning at the top informing you that there is evidence of corruption in terms of the reviews left on trip advisor for the Clayton hotel at Manchester. I thought it was important to let people on here know my bad experience if they are considering using the same place. Angry is an understatement!

I've seen quite a few programmes on TV in the last few months about places you can leave your car and when the owners come back to collect them they're in a similar condition to yours with some being damaged but these companies just don't seem to care and get away with it.

I'm just so glad we live close enough to get a taxi to the airport and don't have to face this.

Really hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction as this is totally unacceptable.