Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Jul 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TigerRah View Post
I always fancied staying at Yatch Club but have been totally put off since it became one of the Disney resorts where dogs are allowed in the rooms. Same with POR, loved it there but won’t be staying there again.
If it helps, I stayed for 11 nights last August and didn’t see a single dog.
Old 6 Jul 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We love the Yatch Club when we can stretch to it. Great location, lovely rooms and no dogs that we noticed. Going back for our third stay in a couple of weeks 🙂
We didn’t have any issues with transport, shared buses weren’t an issue and we only used them for AK and to MK, to get back from MK in the day we got the monorail to Epcot and took a stroll back to the hotel from there. Enjoy your stay!
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Is yacht club the first pick up and drop off point ( sure i read that some where?!)
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Is yacht club the first pick up and drop off point ( sure i read that some where?!)
Yes it is, so we always got on.
Old 7 Jul 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Would you be kind bough to let us know how it was, transport etc we are staying here and I’m having a bit of a wobble .
Transport is great to and from YC.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Why are you having a wobble?
Mainly Because it’s alot of money to spend for 5 nights . A lot of people don’t rate the quick service Either or the dining never stands out . We’ve never used Disney buses before so that’s all new as well and we've only stayed monorail resorts.
You don’t read many trip reports on it either on here. We wondered if we had made the right choice of resort, which many people do.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Would you be kind bough to let us know how it was, transport etc we are staying here and I’m having a bit of a wobble .
Us too please! This is where we would love to stay in the future!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Mainly Because it’s alot of money to spend for 5 nights . A lot of people don’t rate the quick service Either or the dining never stands out . We’ve never used Disney buses before so that’s all new as well and we've only stayed monorail resorts.
You don’t read many trip reports on it either on here. We wondered if we had made the right choice of resort, which many people do.
We were there for five nights in February. We sometimes got pastries from the market place but not QS meals, not something that would bother me about a resort, there are enough other places to eat. There is very easy access to BC and the TS restaurants at YC are very good.

As I mentioned transport is excellent, so is location. I think I preferred it to staying at a monorail hotel, I found the monorail quite annoyingly slow and always breaking down.

If you click on hotel reviews in my profile, one of them is the Yacht Club.

Edited to remove random mad emoji.

Edited at 11:35 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Understandable. Like you say, it’s not a cheap one so you want to get it right.

We really liked the quick service marketplace but I know it took a while for them to get it sorted when it first opened. I thought it had a really good selection for breakfast, which is what we mainly used it for. The Yachtsman was probably my favourite meal of our whole holiday and although their ‘gastro pub’ type offering of the Ale & Compass didn’t stand out, it was a great choice for just being in the lobby after a long day in the parks.

We used the buses for AK & MK (walked to Epcot / boat to HS) and there is an electronic board telling you how long the next bus is, which we found to be very accurate. I don’t think we waited more than about 10 mins apart from one day when it was pouring, we saw it was a 20 min + wait so just hopped in an Uber.

We really enjoyed it and the location was wonderful. It’s definitely a ‘calmer’ hotel than a lot of others onsite but we really appreciated the sense of being chilled out on arrival back at the hotel.

Only you will know if those things are right for you & your family but we couldn’t fault it 👍
Old 7 Jul 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Understandable. Like you say, it’s not a cheap one so you want to get it right.

We really liked the quick service marketplace but I know it took a while for them to get it sorted when it first opened. I thought it had a really good selection for breakfast, which is what we mainly used it for. The Yachtsman was probably my favourite meal of our whole holiday and although their ‘gastro pub’ type offering of the Ale & Compass didn’t stand out, it was a great choice for just being in the lobby after a long day in the parks.

We used the buses for AK & MK (walked to Epcot / boat to HS) and there is an electronic board telling you how long the next bus is, which we found to be very accurate. I don’t think we waited more than about 10 mins apart from one day when it was pouring, we saw it was a 20 min + wait so just hopped in an Uber.

We really enjoyed it and the location was wonderful. It’s definitely a ‘calmer’ hotel than a lot of others onsite but we really appreciated the sense of being chilled out on arrival back at the hotel.

Only you will know if those things are right for you & your family but we couldn’t fault it 👍
That’s really helpful thank you , I’ve been Trying to watch YouTube but it seems it’s the least covered deluxe hotel , is it too far HS to walk it . I’m concerned about the packed being packed for GE as well . I’m sure we will love it as we prefer quieter hotels and it looks stunning . Just the normal pre holiday wobbles I think
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List