Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jul 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kayleigh99
I have Ears

Villa or Disney hotel?

I'm just curious as to whether you prefer to stay in a Disney hotel or in your own villa? I love both! A Disney hotel does have a really magical feel to it. I love the transport to and from the parks. But I do love having freedom in our own villa and having our own pool.
This year we are staying in a villa.

Which do you prefer? They're both really nice!
Kayleigh99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I prefer to be on site, have the transport links and the dining plan. Plus I like not having to drive after dinner so we can both have a drink.

On the other hand I do like the extra space you get in a villa.

The idea compromise for use was a 2 bed at OKW or SSR, though that’s now really expensive. This year we are going to do 10 days on site and a week in a villa, so hopefully will get the best of both.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

We like to do split stay after it worked really well for us last year. If I had to choose between them it would definitely be a villa.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

On site for us and no car.
Drink, relax, let everyone else do the work and others drive you where you want to go. Uber is so cheap, its almost easier than having a car anyway, (hire costs, parking, stress etc)
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

3 weeks stuck in a room like the below... (which is the size of my living room at home)

Or 3 weeks of space and no sitting in darkness once the kids are asleep.

I know what i want from my holiday.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Neither!

I prefer on-site Universal. Cheaper than Disney for comparable accommodation, access to citywalk with cheap options for food (panda express, hot dog hall of fame, burger king, that sandwich place I forget the name of) and Express passes for the Universal parks.

Taxis at the entrance to universal straight to WDW or the outlets, boat transport if you don't want to walk to US/IoA. And a lovely hotel room all to myself for 2 weeks, next to my parents in their own room.

A home away from home. Waited on hand and foot if we want. No dishes, no cleaning, no making the bed. No cooking (my mother has point blank refused to go on a holiday and cook - and I agree with her.)
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
wallzerbear
Looking for my Ears

I have a young family and although the villa would be great at night with peace from the kids the magic at the hotels outweighs it all for us just now.

Think in years to come we will be a villa and do alot more of the sights rather than just Disney and Universal.
wallzerbear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

We've stayed at a villa the last 2 times, loads of space, our own pool, fantastic!

This year we wanted to see what all the fuss is about so we're going to stay site for 5 nights then onto a villa for the remainder of the holiday.

RickT, I know exactly where you're comng from re the size of the hotel room! Our kids are 11 and 12 now so will hopefully stay up late with us but, yes, with younger kids it must be tricky to know what to do once they're in bed.
Old 17 Jul 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We love having a villa. After a "hard" day in the parks its nice to swim in our own pool and relax on the deck with a drink. The grandkids can go to bed when they get tired and the adults can still stay up.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We were strictly villa people for many years until about 6 years ago when we switched to hotels and then to onsite. All I can say is we prefer the onsite experience. We are happy to sacrifice the extra space for the convenience and being well looked after.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List