Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Oct 09, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post

:) What do you love about DLP

Thought it would be nice to compile a list of what ppl love about DLP.
i shall start with some of the things i love.

The small winding footpaths that are so pretty and are a great way to get around the park avoiding the crowds.

Big Thunder is great and IMHO better than WDW. also i love the way DLP has tied the rides and theming of Fronterland into one intricate back story.

The whole park is just so pretty and i think that it is prettier than WDW. there are littel bits that are just so fab.

i love the differences between DLP and WDW. WDW is just SOOO American and i love the way that DLP is Disney with an European twist.

Being able to walk to and from your hotel.

and one of the best things is that its so close to the UK and a nice short break with a Disney Fix

thats some of mine for now. So what do my fellow Dibbers love about DLP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 09, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I love the atmosphere at Christmas - it feels more Christmassy than WDW. I also love Casey Junior - an often overlooked ride.
I think the castle is prettier too!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 09, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

...the exit!
Old 18 Oct 09, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
...the exit!
That wasnt a predictable answer was it !

To answer the OP's question.

I like the fact its so close.. 4 hrs from my front door and i can be in Disney.

Its also a more affordable way to be able to stay in a 3/4 * Disney hotel.. infact its the only way we will ever be able to stay onsite.

We can walk from the hotel to the parks in 10 mins .

I really like the Disney Village , its not too big and has a really nice atmosphere in the evenings.

Its the got CARS ride which WDW hasnt !

Christmas at DLP is lovely and i hope we get to experiance it again next year.

It's Disney , its close by and for some people its the only way they will ever get to visit a Disney park.

Dont knock it until you've tried it !
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 09, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

...the exit!

i am afraid to say that i find that funny

well done
Old 18 Oct 09, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post

...the exit!
my mum used to tell me:

'if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all'.

I've never even been to DLP and comments like that in a nice thread are annoying.
Old 18 Oct 09, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

love it all! wdw too. the best points for me are -hotel cheyenne i feel at home as soon as we get there,the lovely walk by the river and the other hotels on the way to the parks,the castle so beautiful,ice skating at the new york with all the xmas lights and music playing, . . .but most of all its the view of the pink disneyland hotel/park entrance as you approach the park for the first time. step inside and underneath the station into a winter wonderland its magic!. its so much grander than mk entrance i feel.
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 09, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hawkmoon
slightly serious Dibber

I love the fact that you can discover the whole of DLRP without having to go bus hopping for hours. When you go off peak it really is off peak unlike WDW. There are many rides that are better than their WDW equivilant. I too love Casey Jnr and have great memories of my 8 year old son (2 at the time) riding it over and over again. Oh and it's also cool enough for Sully to walk around rather been stuck where the fan can blow on him as is the case at Hollywood Studios.
That saying I could also do a list of what I love about WDW just as easily! Both resorts have positives and negatives but I love them both!
Old 18 Oct 09, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

[QUOTE
That saying I could also do a list of what I love about WDW just as easily! Both resorts have positives and negatives but I love them both![/QUOTE]

so true!and i do feel very lucky to have visited them both and discover all these magical things!
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 09, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
silky
Excited about Disney

silky's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The music is so uplifting.

And as other folk have said, the fact we can walk from the hotel to the parks in 10 mins .

I really like the Disney Village , its not too big and has a really nice atmosphere in the evenings. Restaurants are surprisingly top notch in Village.
silky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread