Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Oct 09, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have been lucky enough to go to Florida 6 times but it will be very difficult for me to get there again. DLP is so much easier for me to go on my own with a small child, my health is not so good now and getting worse so DLP is so good for me. Like someone else mentioned it is the only time I can m

anage to stay on site, once in Sequoia lodge and twice in the Disneyland Hotel where we will be staying again next year. It is so easy to get to, you do not have to worry about having a car (which is my big worry on my own). You can take it nice and easy with plenty of time to relax.

Yes there are pros and cons but it is the same with Florida. Like many other people have said myself included do not compare the two.

When DLP first opened I hated every moment of it but now I love it.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 09, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I love DLP and I love WDW too. DLP is great if you have a few spare days as we can be in DLP in 7 hours.

One of my favourite parts of the day at DLP is sat outside down one of the little side streets off Main Street eating my chocolate brownie and drinking my coffee and listening to the lady giving piano lessons and listening to the dentist drill. These little things really make me smile.

As someone else pointed out Thunder Mountain is better than Florida and POC imo is also better.

The first time I visited Florida I was very disappointed with the entrance at MK, it was just there. The entrance at DLP is fab with the gardens and the hotel.

Can't wait to go back to both DLP and Florida. I love them both.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 09, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I love that it's close, only 2 and a half hours from London, and it's all in one place so once you're there you're there. I think POTC is better than the version at MK, even if it doesn't have Jack in it!

When I went I loved that there were hardly any queues for anything...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 09, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I love that you can walk from your hotel to the parks, makes it so much easier.

I love the castle and actually prefer it to the WDW one. POTC and Big Thunder are far superior at Paris too.
I love how pretty the Disneyland Park is, they have paid very close attention to detail and it really shows.
I actually like hearing another language whilst in the parks, it makes me feel like I am on holiday and I have yet to encounter a problem with the French people.

Although I actually hate being cold I prefer visting DLP in the cold months as it feels like a totally different contrast to holidaying in Florida and I like that its different.
I love the Cheyenne, I thought the theming was excellent there.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 09, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

i love it at christmas when it feels all magical. unfortunately thats alli can think of i think thats really sad
Old 19 Oct 09, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DLP was my first taste of Disney - I had always wanted to go to WDW but it was just out of my grasp. My first visit to DLP was for the Christmas season in 2002 and I was hooked it was so magical with snow falling from Main St, the Castle and the fireworks were amazing. It was everything I imagined and more than I could have ever dreamt of

BTM is my fav ride at DLP - its far superior that WDW as POTC. I also love the lay-out of Fantasyland - walking through Belle's village and spotting Casey Jr meandering through the hillside tooting its horn gives me goosebumps. Pinnochio is a fav of mine too and they dont have that one at WDW. I do think they need another ride in Frontierland - Splash Mountain would be awesome but I doubt that one would happen.

I also like the closeness of the parks and the village and being able to forget about the car for a few days.

What I think DLP needs now though is a waterpark along the lines of centreparks over here, you know, covered over but done the Disney way

When I finally got to visit WDW I was in total awe but never ever compared the two in as much as preferring one over the other - WDW is obviously far bigger and has more rides, EE is fantastic (can we have that one instead of Splash then )

Go with a open heart I say
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 09, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemichelle
Imagineer

clairemichelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We loved our trip to DLP! It was so easy to get there and once there everything was in easy reach of our hotel.

I can't compare the two as I think they are different holidays. WDW is obviously lareger with more park and water parks and not a place I would want to do for a long weekend. With that in mind DLP is great for a short break but not somewhere I could turn into a 2 week holiday

The convenience of it all is definately what sells it to me and we're going back for next October half term

clairemichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 09, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Agree that BTM is better in DLP, used to love the fact it was so close when we lived in the south east but that doesn't apply now.
I like the layout with everything in walking distance
Old 19 Oct 09, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
phgannon
VIP Dibber

phgannon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Gosh I almost don't know where to start with answering this one... there's so many good things that I/we love about DLP.

Here's some that we thought of:
  • it's so close - we can catch an 8am flight from Manchester and be sat outside Casey's on Main St having a hot dog for lunch
  • the beautiful castle - it's simply majestic
  • the dragon under the castle
  • Big Thunder Mountain - it goes under the lake to the main ride on an island!
  • Indianna Jones and the Temple of Peril - that's not at WDW!
  • Space Mountain Mission 2 - a brilliant way to "plus" a Disney classic ride
  • you can easily park hop because the parks are right next to each other - in fact everything is so much closer together so you don't need a car
  • it's got so many of the major WDW attractions
  • there seems to be more for little kids or is this just my imagination?
  • when we stay at the Disneyland Hotel we're right over the turnstiles for the Disneyland Park
  • VIP Fastpasses when you stay in the Castle Club!
Patrick
phgannon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 09, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

I like the balcony of the castle, as me and dh got engaged there (and he forgot to mention it in his post! )
We got married at WDW so they are both special to us
I also like the prettiness of the park, and the all out changes they do for Christmas and Halloween. I love the snow at Christmas. Blue Lagoon is one of my most favourite restaurants ever. I also love its a Disney fix a lot closer to home, and its just so easy to walk around everywhere, and to get on and off property thanks to the train station
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread