Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Oct 11, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
DD and I are going next month and ours is costing:

4 nights at Cheyenne £526.50
Easyjet from Newcastle, inc 1 suitcase and insurance, £193.02 (we booked late this time )
Still have to decide on tranfers to / from C de G. VEA is Euro 72 or Prestige transfer Euro 125 - far dearer but much better and quicker.

We're meeting DS and family there so I've booked Buffalo Bills for 4 adults and 1 child £239
The transfer have proved a bit of pain for us as we dont land until 9pm on Sunday evening, too late for the TGV so we have booked with TioShuttle for E60. We could have got the Disney bus back but theres not much difference in the price than catching the TGV plus it means we have just that little bit extra time at Disney
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 11, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I've just had 6 days away in a self catering flat here in the UK over half term, I've easily spent £50 per day here, on just me and DD, and we've nothing much to show for it (no theme parks, no special trips etc etc).

After counting up how much I've spent here, DLP seems like very good value for money to me !

My outlay for this trip (next week eek! ) is -

travelodge £10 Luton before early flight on Easyjet £106 total for the 2 of us, including all fees, to CDG.
car parking at the airport £26 for 5 days.
shared transfer cdg - dlp £33, tgv dlp to cdg on last day £25
travel insurance I think was about £5.

cheap hotel in Bussy St Georges first night £24, then 3 nights at the Dream Castle £140 total.

I'll be buying 2 fantasy APs when we get there, with shareholders discount so that will be around £205.

We will be going back to DLP next June, so buying our APs now will make June's trip a very cheap one .

Edited at 11:12 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 11, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by msdisneytonian View Post
The transfer have proved a bit of pain for us as we dont land until 9pm on Sunday evening, too late for the TGV so we have booked with TioShuttle for E60. We could have got the Disney bus back but theres not much difference in the price than catching the TGV plus it means we have just that little bit extra time at Disney
I was thinking about the time factor too as we get there 7.25pm, so it would mean we could have a nice walk to DV and a meal after checking in. We used Tio shuttle last year, but there were 5 of us so it worked out cheaper than the bus. This time there's only 2 of us but we're thinking of doing it anyway as it was so much nicer. Prestige is 5 euros cheaper for the return trip - not much, but a small saving We've never used the TGV - how easy is it?
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 11, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

How much spending money is everyone planning to take? We're going for 3 nights/4 days in February and plan to take £1000. Probably too much?

This will be the first time our boys have been to any Disney Park and I don't want to worry about money when we're there.

We also have night in Ashford Travelodge on the way there and on the way back to, so will need meals. Plan to take lots of 'snacky' food with us for the daytime in the parks.

We can't wait!
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 11, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I was thinking about the time factor too as we get there 7.25pm, so it would mean we could have a nice walk to DV and a meal after checking in. We used Tio shuttle last year, but there were 5 of us so it worked out cheaper than the bus. This time there's only 2 of us but we're thinking of doing it anyway as it was so much nicer. Prestige is 5 euros cheaper for the return trip - not much, but a small saving We've never used the TGV - how easy is it?
This will be our first time using TGV so Im hoping its straight forward enough. Ive got all the print out instructions, we will pick the tickets up probably on Monday evening after leaving the parks and apparently you then have to validate them before getting on the train - sounds easy enough... even for me I have caught the train from Paris to CDG without any problems so hoping this is similar.
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 11, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Originally Posted by Girlw0nder View Post
How much spending money is everyone planning to take? We're going for 3 nights/4 days in February and plan to take £1000. Probably too much?

This will be the first time our boys have been to any Disney Park and I don't want to worry about money when we're there.

We also have night in Ashford Travelodge on the way there and on the way back to, so will need meals. Plan to take lots of 'snacky' food with us for the daytime in the parks.

We can't wait!

It depends on how much you intend to buy and how many thats for. We have no where near that amount but this will be my 12th visit and to be honest, I dont go to buy lots of gifts. Years of experience have taught me to let DD have a set amount to spend on the last day as you know what kids are like, see one thing, buy it then want something else.

Foodwise we intend eating at the Santa Fe one evening and Cape Cod another, rest of the times we will just get an Earl of Sandwich. We will fill up at breakfast and take a few rolls for lunch or get a kids meal just to keep us going.
Old 29 Oct 11, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You could honestly say that about anywhere that you go, even days out in this country. We went to DLP in July and as we booked it all DIY it only cost us what we would have paid for a caravan holiday in Cornwall. We also bought annual passes so next years holiday will be even cheaper
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 11, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
torillien
VIP Dibber

torillien's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We get a discount on the euro star due to the other half being a train driver - so we are going first class for £64 return each but staying in the disneyland hotel aint cheep - 6 days / 5 nights is £1600 and that was with 30% off ..

It SO going to be worth it though .. It i wasn't still paying off this special march trip, i would have tried to have a sneeky couple of days in november or december - it was so magical at christmas ..
middle-aged-magic.co.uk
torillien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

It's not cheap, but with APs and being willing to rough it in the Ibis we've managed to get in two trips since June! I do think it's good value for money though, apart from food (and you don't have to go all out with food, though it's nice) you get a lot for your cash I think.
We'd love to go again in December but doesn't seem possible with time off work etc - maybe in the spring!
Old 2 Nov 11, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Brilliant thread, hope it ok to add mine, surprising how much it all mounts up until its booked lol...

Accomodation for 7 days booked through 'The Sun' (staying 15 minutes off site) - £76 plus £46 service charges.
Return journey through Euro Tunnel - £152.
Diesel for return drive from Dartford bridge to tunnel & to parks etc - £140.
RAC European car Insurance - £40.
Disney 5 day flexi-passes - £536.
Toll charges - Approx 60 Euro.
Parking - 40 Euro.

Total holiday price £990 plus 100 Euro extras without spending money.

This was for 2 adults and 2 children aged 11 & 6 staying from Fri 21st Oct - Fri 28th Oct.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread