Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Nov 15, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

I am more than fuming now with expedia.we were promised a same day refund on the 20/11.they sent an email reciept for this and no money arrived.they claim sent another refund on the 26/11 still no money.my dh is constantly on the phone to them and we have learnt all they do is fob you off say anything/lie to get you off the line.
They have made so many false promises.its exactly the same process they used when they cancelled our holiday ..buying time.saying what ever they think you want to hear.

The rebooked holiday which they promised to refund and authorised us to book cost 1000's not the 100's we had paid.there is no way we would have paid out for castle club it's just not in our budget.so now we have an empty bank account just before Xmas ,luckily I have spend s for the hols.
tomorrow is their last day to pay it back. If not it's solicitor time.
We have calls recorded and emails of correspondence for evidence :angry:
Had to vent sorry

Edited at 11:50 PM.
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 15, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CRUELLA View Post
I am more than fuming now with expedia.we were promised a same day refund on the 20/11.they sent an email reciept for this and no money arrived.they claim sent another refund on the 26/11 still no money.my dh is constantly on the phone to them and we have learnt all they do is fob you off say anything/lie to get you off the line.
They have made so many false promises.its exactly the same process they used when they cancelled our holiday ..buying time.saying what ever they think you want to hear.

The rebooked holiday which they promised to refund and authorised us to book cost 1000's not the 100's we had paid.there is no way we would have paid out for castle club it's just not in our budget.so now we have an empty bank account just before Xmas ,luckily I have spend s for the hols.
tomorrow is their last day to pay it back. If not it's solicitor time.
We have calls recorded and emails of correspondence for evidence :angry:
Had to vent sorry
Unbelievable, but my advice would be to contact consumer-ombudsman/ before a solicitor as ombudsman services are free
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 15, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Another day of lies and guarantees the money will be in my account today
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 15, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
daisy and ruby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Good luck try contacting bbc watchdog, may shift them.
daisy and ruby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 15, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by CRUELLA View Post
Another day of lies and guarantees the money will be in my account today
Have you got any further with Expedia? Did you take my advice from the other thread and use Twitter to vent at them? If so, what's your username? I will help you get a bit more exposure for it which should help push them to do something.

Another thing you could look at doing (or at least threatening to do) is have your Credit Card company do a full/partial chargeback for the amount(s) they owe you. That can gee them up a bit too.

I'm really sorry that you're going through all of this. The last thing you should have to be doing is chasing them to do something they should have done as a matter of course some 2 weeks ago.

Dig your heels in. Keep at them. Become a thorn in their side. You will get it back eventually. I just hope it's in time to enjoy a few (stress free) Gulowtinis overlooking the park, watching Dreams! with the music pumped into the warm Castle Lounge.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 15, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Update!
Arrived back yesterday we had an amazing time,my sister was speechless and I have never seen my niece smile so much.we all loved dlh and the castle club.we felt like VIPs !
We got fantasia view rooms and could chat to each other across the balconies ,views of earful tower and tower of terror... 4 teens and a toddler were all amazed
It was a magical stay and one to remember!

With regards to the refund-
We took other posters advice on about posting on social media
.made continuos phone calls up until departure day to expedia.
They eventually refunded the amount promised on the first day of our holiday it was all so stressful .if we hadn't resorted to twitter/Facebook I think we would still be chasing them.

Thanks to everyone for the advice x
Old 7 Dec 15, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by keiko315 View Post
Have you got any further with Expedia? Did you take my advice from the other thread and use Twitter to vent at them? If so, what's your username? I will help you get a bit more exposure for it which should help push them to do something.

Another thing you could look at doing (or at least threatening to do) is have your Credit Card company do a full/partial chargeback for the amount(s) they owe you. That can gee them up a bit too.

I'm really sorry that you're going through all of this. The last thing you should have to be doing is chasing them to do something they should have done as a matter of course some 2 weeks ago.

Dig your heels in. Keep at them. Become a thorn in their side. You will get it back eventually. I just hope it's in time to enjoy a few (stress free) Gulowtinis overlooking the park, watching Dreams! with the music pumped into the warm Castle Lounge.
Aw just re read this post..we did watch dreams from the castle club and even though there s scaffolding up it was amazing .one of the highlights of the holiday so much so we did the same thing the following evening!
Old 7 Dec 15, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

So pleased you had a magical time and you EVENTUALLY received your refund... not good service from Expedia, stress you could have done without!

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 15, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Glad you got it in the end but the stress and hassle you've had was ridiculous.

It comes to something when these days you have to resort to leaving messages on social media to get a company to pay attention - what is the world coming to?

I am pleased you all loved CC at the DLH and had a fab trip though!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 15, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Glad you got it in the end but the stress and hassle you've had was ridiculous.

It comes to something when these days you have to resort to leaving messages on social media to get a company to pay attention - what is the world coming to?

I am pleased you all loved CC at the DLH and had a fab trip though!
Thanks tink75 and christybell x
We really did leave social media till the last resort as we just felt uncomfortable putting it 'out there' but if we hadn't got the refund it would have spoilt the holiday the stress.
castle club was lovely and I can see why people stay there .but it's all relative to your budget/income and two standard dlh rooms was at the top of ours!
It was a holiday to remember although I'm sure it would have been anyway without all the hassle.i would definitaly look into staying at dhl again.I always imagined we would kind of feel like fish out of water there but not at all we felt very welcome
Closed Thread