Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 14 Feb 16, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

New York Dh 40th Trip report day 3

Up again at 4 I had another bath, didn't wake dh up this time but he was up by 5 anyway.
At 6 we decided we needed breakfast and we would find the nearest IHOP. It is located somewhere on 14th street I can't remember exactly but we got a cab for $12 including tip.
Yummy breakfast for $40 even with a cab both ways it was cheaper lol.
Cab to hotel then a steady walk to Central Park.
We wanted to go in the apple shop, but thought it was a bit early so we had a stroll through the park. I have never been as cold in my life.
Popped in the apple shop, same everywhere really. Dh bought us both an Apple Watch.
After this I wanted to go to the Pandora shop so we got on the hop on hop off bus and got off at Broadway. I bought 3 lovely charms including the unique apple with NYC on it.
We hit a few more shops before heading up to the hotel to drop off our purchases.
We had an hours rest then got a cab up to the flat iron building and ate at the outback steak house much more reasonable and just as delicious as the night before.
We had tickets for the night tour over Brooklyn bridge as part of our hop on tickets so we walked back up to Times Square to get on the bus. Unfortunately the top deck was full we didn't want to ride on the lower deck not much point, so we where going to wait for the next one. By this time it was 7 and I was so cold we decided to give it a miss and head back to the hotel, we watched a movie.
It was so cold that day that all my legs where full of chilblains I am sort of glad we missed the tour because I may have been poorly and needed treatment.
Just one more day left.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 16, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

Really enjoyed reading. Doesnt sound cheap to eat in New York. Must have been really cold for you to get chilblains.
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 16, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

Loving your TR,
NYC is such a fab place !
Hope the weather was a little warmer for your final day
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Lol at going to IHOP today, sounds much better value for money. Shame you were sooooo cold,
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Wow! it sounds like it was really cold
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List