Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jul 16, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

We went to DLP first, then WDW, then back to DLP. Loved loved loved WDW, but there were some things we found we missed from DLP.

Like everyone else has said they are very different places, for us WDW would be a big holiday that we wouldn't do very often, but DLP is doable for a short Disney fix.

Crush's Coaster, Ratatouille, the dragon's lair in the castle, Sleeping Beauty's castle itself, looping Space Mountain, are all things I love about DLP that you don't get at WDW.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I looked at doing DLP but was surprised at the price, even though its only in France the whole trip cost was quite a bit, so we decided to wait for longer and back to WDW later.

Ps, good to see you back
Bootrip2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Maxymoo
Excited about Disney

I have the opposite problem- having been to DLP I think 14 times and on our recent trip to wdw my boys kept saying " its not as good as the one on paris"- so there are lots of things that are better- it just is much smaller and not so many parks. we found thunder mountain much better, space mountain- much more of a rollercoaster ( i don't like rollercoasters so prefer wdw), dragon in the castle, my boys love Indiana, also toy story area, we also preferred ToT inparis, the structure of main street is better as you can walk behind the shops , so easier to get in and out , pirates and haunted house we prefer. there is obviously loads extra in wdw and somethings we preferred there- but you might be surprised by dlp!
Maxymoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We just got back yesterday after a trip 10 years ago and three Orlando trips in between and we had a fab time! We went in December before and had awful whether but this time it was Lovely and we used the Newport bay outdoor pool daily which really helped! We loved crush's coaster and ratatouille and some of the rides we preferred the dlp versions! We have said we would go back again at some point in the future especially if we are not doing Orlando that year as we get a mini Disney fix!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
We just got back yesterday after a trip 10 years ago and three Orlando trips in between and we had a fab time! We went in December before and had awful whether but this time it was Lovely and we used the Newport bay outdoor pool daily which really helped! We loved crush's coaster and ratatouille and some of the rides we preferred the dlp versions! We have said we would go back again at some point in the future especially if we are not doing Orlando that year as we get a mini Disney fix!
Thank you everyone for your posts.

We have stayed in the Newport Bay a couple of times and loved it. As mentioned by danisleigh we used both the indoor and outdoor pools a lot.

Out of curiosity I'm going to price up a break and see what it comes out at.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I looked at doing DLP but was surprised at the price, even though its only in France the whole trip cost was quite a bit, so we decided to wait for longer and back to WDW later.

Ps, good to see you back
Thank you I'm under no illusion that in some ways my contributions to the Dibb are a bit like Marmite

Edited at 03:18 PM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Thank you I'm under no illusion that in some ways my contributions to the Dibb are a bit like Marmite
Never been a fan of Marmite, but I'm most definitely in Team BB

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Never been a fan of Marmite, but I'm most definitely in Team BB
Thank you - I am getting all shy now

Moving on !
Old 22 Jul 16, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

I think if you go looking for 'issues' you will find them. I am surprised at how many seasoned WDW fans go to DLRP with a fairly negative attitude before they start - sorry, don't mean that to sound rude, but they go thinking they aren't going to like it, it's not WDW. Erm well no, it's not - don't compare. You wouldn't compare Tokyo Disneyland to WDW would you?

ETA - just read that back and please don't take it as bolshy . It's just as another pp says, you get so many people bashing DLRP when they have maybe been once or even not at all!

It's European Disney. Our family actually prefer DLRP to WDW and I personally think many of the 'themes' belong in Europe and fit very well i.e. Snow White, Pinocchio, Beauty and the Beast - I could go on. Agree with pps that many of the rides that are at both are better in DLRP as they are newer and so have tweaks.

We enjoyed WDW but we won't be racing back (I know we buck the trend here). Whereas I could happily visit DLRP twice a year every year if I could!

Price it up - presume you are looking at next year? I think if you are unsure about a visit, I'd stay away this year as there are so many refurbs so it is going to cloud your judgement more, and although some people have still enjoyed it, some have not.

Edited at 04:52 PM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Hi all. First venture back in a while

We are big fans of WDW (who isn't on here?) and are hoping we may be able to go back but it may be so expensive it may have to be put back until 2018.

DS11 has never been to WDW but went to DLP when he was very young and won't remember anything but would probably bite our hands off to go there. DD17 would bite my hands off to go anywhere which involved the mouse.

I can't remember how many times I have been to WDW but having done that I find DLP a bit of a come down. Given the relative sizes of the two and how much more to do at WDW that may not be surprising.

So my question (at last) is if you have done WDW and then DLP did you regret it?

Many thanks

BB
Been to WDW 4 times and dlp about 8 times. Love WDW and love DLP. I love the fact that it's European especially on the rides - pirates of the Caribbean sounds more authentic. Love downtown Disney or Disney village as its called. Love being able to pop into Paris for a change of scene.

DLP? Je ne regrette rien!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread