Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jul 16, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have been to both, although not dlp since wdw.
The only reason we haven't is the sheer cost. Each time I've priced it up, it's been so much that I've thought I'd be better saving for wdw.

Nice to see you back BB!🙋
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
We have been to both, although not dlp since wdw.
The only reason we haven't is the sheer cost. Each time I've priced it up, it's been so much that I've thought I'd be better saving for wdw.

Nice to see you back BB!🙋
Thanks caj but this is probably a one off - for the time being anyway
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 16, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

We went before we went to Florida and flew from Bristol.It was much better than I expected but does not really compare with Florida.For us the cost is a big chunk of money towards Florida so wouldn't really go again .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 16, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We are going for 5 days in August. It's cost £1273, plus £288 for Indirect Eurostar. For 4 adults.

That included half board, so we get breakfast and one buffet meal each day. It also includes a character breakfast.

£1500 is not insignificant, but it certainly wouldn't get us to Orlando and with the free dining I don't think we will need much spending money.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 16, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

I went with my daughter who is 19 in November for the first time in years. We go to WDW every year but last year couldn't due to work/study commitments so us girls decided to go to DLP. Well the night before we were due to leave the terrible attacks happened. We didn't know what to do, and I admit I was very scared at the thought of going, but in the end we went on the Wednesday ( a few days later) to let the days of mourning pass.
Long story short we had a fab time. The cast members were absolutely fantastic. We didn't know how they would all be feeling but they were really happy to see people back in the parks and hotels. We also went shopping at val d Europe and again, even though security was so visible, every guard, shop assistant, and driver were absolutely lovely.
I wish we could go every christmas season as it was spectacularly beautiful.
DLP was the first Disney park we took the children too when they were little and it still holds a very special place in our hearts.
Old 23 Jul 16, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The key is research!

Our next trip is £426 for 4 nights (2 adults in Santa Fe including tickets and breakfast). We don't buy dining plans as we can eat cheaper with shareholder discount. Eurostar is £72 return each.

Wish I could do Florida for that...

We love DLP, it will be our tenth trip. It is a European experience not an American one, so expect French custom, manners and atmosphere rather than American.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Smurfck
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Been 5 times and don't regret any. We go in the winter , hats scarfs big coats etc so it's a totally different break. Just a long weekend or midweek break and it helps with the pangs of longing for Florida 😂
Smurfck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Having just got back from WDW, I have to admit I prefer DLP ( Don't hurt me )

I think a lot of the rides which feature at both are better in Paris- Aerosmith, potc etc. I also like being able to walk everywhere and the shorter holiday length means you can spend all day in the parks more easily.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitchfan626 View Post
I've never ever regretted a trip to DLP! I love it (very almost) as much as WDW.

You just have to remember that it is different. If you go to DLP expecting it to be like WDW then you will be disappointed, but if you treat it as a different experience its amazing
I'll second this ^^^^^

I love WDW with such a passion but DLP has also created so many happy memories for us over the years too that it also hold a special place in my heart. We can't do WDW as regularly as I would like and so I see DLP as giving me a little mouse fix, whilst offering something totally different all at the same time. It will never compare to WDW but I wouldn't want it to.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

As always dibbers some great replies there. One of the advantages of us going to DLP would be that SD could afford to go with the Grandkids - they couldn't afford WDW and we couldn't afford to take them.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread