Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Jan 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

No doubt Disney are cracking down due to the usual manipulation of the system and seeing too much lost revenue- paying OOP for kids and using their credits for adults. We have all done it, I am surprised it took them so long to crack down on it.
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
No doubt Disney are cracking down due to the usual manipulation of the system and seeing too much lost revenue- paying OOP for kids and using their credits for adults. We have all done it, I am surprised it took them so long to crack down on it.
I agree. The DxDDP worked so well for us last time with 12 travelling in 2 rooms, with only one room booking dining plan and sharing between adults and children. I'm not a bit surprised that they have closed this loophole and differentiated between children and adults.

What I do have an issue with though that in a place surely designed primarily for the delight of children that children's menu options are so limited and unenticing. Surely a child size portion of more items from the main menu would be better? And as for having restaurants where there are no children's options meaning you just can't use child credits - well that's just plain ridiculous. Hopefully just an oversight

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
I agree. The DxDDP worked so well for us last time with 12 travelling in 2 rooms, with only one room booking dining plan and sharing between adults and children. I'm not a bit surprised that they have closed this loophole and differentiated between children and adults.

What I do have an issue with though that in a place surely designed primarily for the delight of children that children's menu options are so limited and unenticing. Surely a child size portion of more items from the main menu would be better? And as for having restaurants where there are no children's options meaning you just can't use child credits - well that's just plain ridiculous. Hopefully just an oversight
This is my problem...we only do QSDP but for 21 nights and with the kids options it would get boring very quickly.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
This is my problem...we only do QSDP but for 21 nights and with the kids options it would get boring very quickly.
Yes and what makes it worse is they see you tucking into 'normal' much nicer food but instead of a smaller portion of that they are stuck with an invention of the devil (DGS description) such as uncrustables or whatever they are

To keep the peace you may feel obliged to hand over your own meal and eat the child's offering yourself

marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

I don't have a problem with them closing this loophole as long as there are a decent amount/variety of children's meal options. I agree that they should offer more half size adult menu options for children.
Think it's a bit of a blunder that when there isn't a children's menu you can't use the children's credits.
Wonder how many quick service restaurants don't have a children's menu. I know Casey's Corner doesn't which is the one that stands out most for me as DS (7) loves a Hot Dog.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
This will make our trip much harder as my kids dislike a lot of the kids options- who wants to eat a pre packaged peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I wouldn't mind if the options were better- Also the sides are usually apple sauce or fruit when on holiday they just want fries.

Wondering how this works if trying to change kids credits to snack credits?
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes and what makes it worse is they see you tucking into 'normal' much nicer food but instead of a smaller portion of that they are stuck with an invention of the devil (DGS description) such as uncrustables or whatever they are

To keep the peace you may feel obliged to hand over your own meal and eat the child's offering yourself
On the QS we usually end up sharing anyway but the kids options are awful... my only hope is that you will be able to trade the credits for snacks OR a massive menu revamp either way I'm not sure it will happen.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
On the QS we usually end up sharing anyway but the kids options are awful... my only hope is that you will be able to trade the credits for snacks OR a massive menu revamp either way I'm not sure it will happen.
Indeed. Reports I have seen are 1 child QS credit = 1 snack. Not sure how many it was before on the QSDP.

Old 3 Jan 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ele
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
This will make our trip much harder as my kids dislike a lot of the kids options- who wants to eat a pre packaged peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I wouldn't mind if the options were better- Also the sides are usually apple sauce or fruit when on holiday they just want fries.

Wondering how this works if trying to change kids credits to snack credits?
I always wonder who on earth will order those pre-packaged Uncrustable .

But I was thinking that kids will be allowed to sub the Apple Sauce or fruit for fries.
Aren't they?
Ele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Indeed. Reports I have seen are 1 child QS credit = 1 snack. Not sure how many it was before on the QSDP.
It was 3 snack for 1 child credit ...it has really devalued the credits worth.