Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jan 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

planning fast passes in Aug with the weather

Hi all,

first time for us in August (Normally go October) and starting to put a park plan together.

I have a question,

alot of people talk about how the rain can come in the afternoon and stick around for 1 hour or a few hours.

My question therefore is do you August goers plan most Fast Passes
rides around the morning time/mid day and don't go for out door coaster passes in the afternoon.

How do you plan easy mornings/late starts to days in a chunk of time could go missing in the down pours late afternoon.

Thanks team
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
8gotoWDW
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

If you are onsite I would plan your fast passes starting from about 0930 and get them all done in the morning. We've always gone to the park for rope drop (ish) time and gone straight to main ride then started on our FP's and modifying forward in the queue. We're offsite so never manage to get the big attractions so do them first. It means a) you get your 4 preferred rides done by time it gets really hot and busy and b)means you get out before afternoon rain showers. c) you can then see if there's any other good ones available
8gotoWDW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspy
Having Dinner with Goofy

We did ours for around 10-12 then we booked more as the day went on, we quite liked having a late lunch to get out of the heat or returning for a swim and then back to a park in the evening. I remember riding Everest when it slung it down couldn’t see a thing it was raining so hard was quite funny!
Jaspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I would tend to do them in the morning anyway, but if the ride is down in your FP window you get an anytime FP for all or most rides in the Park (depending which ride it is) valid for the rest of the day
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I usually book for 11am, noon and 1pm, unless I know we'll have a late start that day. The rain rarely interferes with those times, plus you can often fit a 4th or 5th FP in, which you won't be able to do if you don't do your last ride until, say, 5pm.

Having said that, last year I cottoned onto a cool little trick! As mentioned by a PP, if a ride is down you'll get an anytime FP - to be used on almost anything. So if you book eg. Thunder Mountain for 3pm, chances are that will then turn into an FP that may suit you better For example:

You want to ride Jungle Cruise in the evening but can't get a FP.
Book a FP for an outdoor ride that is likely to close in the August rain.
The ride closes and hey presto - you've got your Jungle Cruise evening FP!

I mean, I wouldn't advise going out of your way to do this - but just saying it can work to your advantage.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Last August trip we booked 10.00, 11.00, 12.00 most days. This meant we would have until 11.00 to get to the park. The first couple of hours are usually the quietest anyway.
If we wanted to go to another resort for breakfast about 9am then Fastpass times would be 11.00, 12.00, 13.00.

A tip would be to book the really popular rides as your 3rd fastpass if you think you might want to change your plans and want to arrive even later .
Eg 7DMT that Fastpass you are very unlikely to be able to change at all.

We did outdoor stuff like character meets in the morning/early afternoon to avoid the rain.
Evening shows we had backup days as shows like Fantasmic can be cancelled because of the weather.

As mentioned the FP the outdoor ride when the rain is scheduled to get an anytime FP is a good trick. We did that a few times.

Pool time we did at night to get away from sun.

The rain can be crazy some days so check the forecast and pack those ponchos.

Edited at 12:09 AM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If we want pool time we make sure we plan this in for the morning as too many times we got to the pool after a morning in the parks and managed 5mins before getting rained inside.
So I plan pool time around the rain but fast passes I book as I would at other times of year. Rides don’t seem to close for long if they close at all (lightening) and FP transfer so we plan as normal for in park time.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List