Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Feb 20, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Just out of curiosity, I have been given a quote and would welcome your opinion

15/10/21
7 days POR
7 days HRH
2 adults
1 x 13 year old
Virgin flights and transfers
Not including park tickets
£6700

Seems a lot to me but I am also aware that with October being big celebrations in Disney the price won’t improve that much
Old 1 Feb 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I always say- it will almost certainly come, as it’s Disney UKs greatest marketing trick they have. However price and availability - that’s the key. It’s gone up in price a lot, but recently did not rise quite as much as I thought it would. As always, it’s worth watching this year.
Old 1 Feb 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
Just out of curiosity, I have been given a quote and would welcome your opinion

15/10/21
7 days POR
7 days HRH
2 adults
1 x 13 year old
Virgin flights and transfers
Not including park tickets
£6700

Seems a lot to me but I am also aware that with October being big celebrations in Disney the price won’t improve that much
I would always wait and see what April brings. We’ve no way of knowing for sure what Disney will do.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

It’s the best value I’ve seen and been looking for 12 months. Would never fly indirect, have to go in schools holidays and would never fly the cowboys labelled as BA. So virgin in my views are the best but also the most expensive.
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
I have been getting quotes from some of the bigger package holiday providers that have released prices already and, although some of them are not coming out too badly, I think we are going to wait until April.

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to add DDP onto a booking with Virgin/Tui? Can it be done? It does say on their websites that it can, but I don't know how that would work. And any ideas on prices if we were to add it on to a package booking?
I would never book prior to April in the hope I could add free dining to my booking. Virgin and Tui can do whatever they like in that respect and even if they promised me I could do it I wouldn’t believe them. I wouldn’t even be 100% sure that Disney would do it although I’d have more faith in them.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

I've booked through Ocean Florida and they said if meal plan offered they would just add it to our booking. As i said we not bothered about the meal plan even though staying onsite. My parents wanted onsite for ease with my dad now being in a wheelchair and the hotels offsite were more difficult because of his wheelchair use. With TC gone i noticed that the big companies were charging more for tickets when off site- same hotel we stayed in 2019 was double for 2021 with the other companies. Everyone has their opinion and reasons for choosing their holidays and the big companies like to cash in, its how they make their money.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
I've booked through Ocean Florida and they said if meal plan offered they would just add it to our booking. As i said we not bothered about the meal plan even though staying onsite. My parents wanted onsite for ease with my dad now being in a wheelchair and the hotels offsite were more difficult because of his wheelchair use. With TC gone i noticed that the big companies were charging more for tickets when off site- same hotel we stayed in 2019 was double for 2021 with the other companies. Everyone has their opinion and reasons for choosing their holidays and the big companies like to cash in, its how they make their money.
You’re right that everyone has their opinion. For me I couldn’t stomach paying full price for a Disney hotel without free dining. Or I would at least want a room discount. If you’re happy to pay full price for a Disney hotel to get your booking locked in that’s fair enough but I wouldn’t do it.

Trip Report Index
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

So We definitely weren’t going to return to WDW till 2022 but it just keeps drawing us back, (I think You tube has a lot to answer for &#128521
Now considering a placeholder booking for next year so we can keep our options open, I would not stay onsite without the dining plan!
We have a fantastic trip booked for this year and the original plan was for a road trip next year but ho hum plans can change😳
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lexie32 View Post
So We definitely weren’t going to return to WDW till 2022 but it just keeps drawing us back, (I think You tube has a lot to answer for &#128521
Now considering a placeholder booking for next year so we can keep our options open, I would not stay onsite without the dining plan!
We have a fantastic trip booked for this year and the original plan was for a road trip next year but ho hum plans can change😳
I might be wrong but I’m not sure if it worked like that last time. The room reservation or date you book now might not be included in the free dining offer if there is one, so you’ll need to re-book anyway and a ‘place-holder’ doesn’t work.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by lexie32 View Post
The problem with a “placeholder” is that the resort or room type may not be included in free dining and no one but Disney will know in advance if it is.

Trip Report Index