Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Aug 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We may be going back to WDW in summer after our Xmas trip. I’m hoping I can use my 14 day ultimates at WDW over Xmas then on the last day upgrade to a DVC Gold Pass next summer, no one on any online forum has advised if this is possible.
There is a thread on the 'other' forum where people have done exactly this with no issues.
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rich accountant View Post
Just to add another data point.
For background we booked with Wdtc on free dine and the 14 days for 7 days ultimates, paying £399 for an adult.
I asked for an upgrade price today in liberty sq ticket centre at MK and was offered $702 for the premium AP. I then tried at guest info at bottom of main St and was offered $597. I asked why there was a difference and she said it was because she had carried over our resort discount. Will be going back with ID tomorrow to buy it.
Thanks

Eta I can't see any price on the app - just a message saying please speak to guest info if you would like to upgrade
Just as a follow up: based on Bellasmummy's reports I believe they may have given you two different prices for two different passes. $597 would be for the platinum and $702 for the platinum plus.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Will be going back with ID tomorrow to buy it.
Thanks
Ohh hadn't thought of this! So do you just need your passport?
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Ohh hadn't thought of this! So do you just need your passport?
Neither had I! But they wanted ID for each person upgrading
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Just as a follow up: based on Bellasmummy's reports I believe they may have given you two different prices for two different passes. $597 would be for the platinum and $702 for the platinum plus.
It wasn't. He quoted me
$1119 less the value of my ticket, which was only $420
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

It wasn't. He quoted me
$1119 less the value of my ticket, which was only $420
Okay, thanks for clarifying that. Good luck with the upgrades.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

No we also had $702 quoted for the platinum, in the end we had 3 or 4 different prices from the same guy and he said that he’d honour the lowest.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
No we also had $702 quoted for the platinum, in the end we had 3 or 4 different prices from the same guy and he said that he’d honour the lowest.
My misunderstanding then, sorry. That makes your experience even more bizarre, though, because the math works out. The ticket was valued at $558, so for the plat it would be $1119-$558=$561 + tax = $597.47. For the plat plus it would be $1219-$558=$661 + tax= $703.97.
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

My misunderstanding then, sorry. That makes your experience even more bizarre, though, because the math works out. The ticket was valued at $558, so for the plat it would be $1119-$558=$561 + tax = $597.47. For the plat plus it would be $1219-$558=$661 + tax= $703.97.
It was something to do with the tickets showing the wrong value on their system, the app correctly showed dh having an ultimate but their system said UK select which was worth $100 less. They said they’d never heard of the UK select pass.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Neither had I! But they wanted ID for each person upgrading
Absolutely great to know! Thats so much for mentioning! I've added a note to my plan to ensure I carry it with me that first day