Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 11, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
My tastes are probably quite peculiar, and I guess I've been brought up with a healthy diet of US based shows where the presenters are largely Orlando based and all with envious, yet subtly different, first hand experiences. I'd imagine less structured chats are eminently more practical in such environments.

We've drifted some way from the initial discussion point and even though I have no OP to apologise to, there is a better place to air my podcast related views. I shall listen with interest in a week or so and do keep up the excellent work.
Cheers Bozza! I think the thing to remember is that Dibbcast is still fairly new and for all the team, we are still finding our feet.

To get back "on cruise", re car parking - we found it's easier to split your car rental. When you get to Canaveral you dump the car at the rental company and take their courtesy bus back to the cruise terminal. When you finish your cruise use courtesy bus back to rental place and pick up new car. Saves all that port parking fees.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
For a 3 day cruise we just paid parking as a weeks car hire is the same as a few days
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 11, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
For a 3 day cruise we just paid parking as a weeks car hire is the same as a few days
We did the same, it wasn't worth the hassle to get rid of the car for just 3 days

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 11, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Mel
Imagineer

Florida Mel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
That sounds, well, a bit trampy.

If I'm spending £1200 for a couple of days on a boat, I'm sure I can stretch for a couple of beers. You're a captive audience, but they're not *that* expensive are they?
DCL allow passengers to take onboard alcohol in their hand luggage so it is not frowned upon by them at all, infact I think they understand the needs of their customers on this much better than some cruise lines.

I took a box of wine for in my room fridge and it was lovely to have a glass in my room getting ready for dinner or to take a glass up to the deck area to catch some rays It really did help with the bar bill at the end of the cruise plus freed up some cash for purchases in the onboard shops which is always a good thing
Florida Mel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 11, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
What do they charge for a beer (bottle/draft), a glass of wine and a typical cocktail?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 11, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
warbiespig77
Imagineer

warbiespig77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We left our car at port and it was around $60 ish for a four night cruise. We stuck mainly to cocktails tbh around $ 8 each some a little more and when you take advantage of the cocktail of the day it's a lot cheaper and castaway cay a
Had a happy hour at the bar which was nice . Shopping inboard was good they had a lit of choice and tax free too the food was amazing whether it was sit down or counter service overall an amazing experience that we can't wait to repeat in 2014 DHs 40th
Old 24 Jan 11, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread