Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jan 11, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

What time is disembarkation? And any hotel recommendations?

On the med cruise what time do you have to be off the ship by in Barcelona? Also what hotels can you recommend for a family of 4, planning on staying 3nts prior to cruise and 2nts after so could try a couple of different ones.

Becky
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 11, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Depending on the how early you WANT to be off... and then the queues for luggage, and passport control, and taxi if relevant, you could be off anywhere after around 7.30am up until around 10am (but no later unless you get stuck in a taxi queue for an hour like we did !).

We stayed in Barcelona for 3 nights after our cruise in an apartment - its fairly easy to get one for short term rental in the city.
We prefered this as we didn't want the cost of eating out EVERY meal, which gets expensive, plus we needed a washing machine as we were packing light.

I would recommmend these guys - probably not the cheapest (though good value compared to some hotels !) but they have some fantastic quality apartments ;

habitatapartments/

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 01:47 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 11, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

We are staying at the Novotel for 3 night prior to the Cruise and then the Senator near the Nou Camp for the night after.
Old 30 Jan 11, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Think novotel is going to be one of my choices, wouldn't mind one near to the beach for the other couple of days or even may thinks about driving to port aventura or Salou, has anyone done this?
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 11, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jam jar
Imagineer

jam jar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
When we cruise out of Barcelona, we stay in the Grand Marina Hotel. It is right at the cruise terminal and about 10 mins walk from Las Ramblas.

Have a look at this link. It really is a beautuful hotel.

What ship is it you are going on. Disembarkation can start as early as 6am. Normally everyone is off by 10am ish.

Hi, I'm Jaimie, but my friends call me JAM
28 trips and counting!
"Your cadaverous parlour, betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"
jam jar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 11, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jam jar View Post
When we cruise out of Barcelona, we stay in the Grand Marina Hotel. It is right at the cruise terminal and about 10 mins walk from Las Ramblas.

What ship is it you are going on. Disembarkation can start as early as 6am. Normally everyone is off by 10am ish.
Ohhh I've just changed to there after my enforced cruise date move! Thought I'd treat ourselves.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 11, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bex272 View Post
Think novotel is going to be one of my choices, wouldn't mind one near to the beach for the other couple of days or even may thinks about driving to port aventura or Salou, has anyone done this?

we did that last year. went from cruise, one night in Barca...then up to Port Aventura for 3 nights. Frankly i wish we just stayed in Barcalona! there is lots to see...the beach is fantatsic. salou, i am afraid, is a dump,. Blackpool in the sun...but then millions of ppl love Blackpool, its just not for us!

Port aventura...well...it kills a day ...maybe less. its no 'florida' theme park...and ditto the cariba waterpark there. We wouldnt bother again. My DDs where bored rigid by the end of day one. And it wasnt cheap.
In fact...really expensive for a 3 star hotel ( billed as 4..but not in my book)

am going to have a look at this one. quite fancy a beach/marina view before my cruise
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 11, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks great but the only room they offer for families on our dates are 1400 euro for 2 nights, bit pricey!
Old 3 Feb 11, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Maza View Post
we did that last year. went from cruise, one night in Barca...then up to Port Aventura for 3 nights. Frankly i wish we just stayed in Barcalona! there is lots to see...the beach is fantatsic. salou, i am afraid, is a dump,. Blackpool in the sun...but then millions of ppl love Blackpool, its just not for us!

Port aventura...well...it kills a day ...maybe less. its no 'florida' theme park...and ditto the cariba waterpark there. We wouldnt bother again. My DDs where bored rigid by the end of day one. And it wasnt cheap.
In fact...really expensive for a 3 star hotel ( billed as 4..but not in my book)

am going to have a look at this one. quite fancy a beach/marina view before my cruise
Good to know, salou doesn't sound like it's for us in that case, have been to Barcelona a couple of times and love it there but not stayed at the beach, any other good hotels near the beach?
Old 3 Feb 11, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread