Not sure 7 6.60%
Other 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Apr 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Refund or Reschedule?

As title says in light of the virus. Are you opting for a refund or are you rescheduling your holiday?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've applied for a refund for the simple reason that money back in my pocket is under my control for when I want to book another flight

Already paid for November flights with BA and VS prices aren't out for next April/May yet so I can't see how bad they are compared with the flight I should have been on 7 hours ago.

Mick

Edited at 04:56 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Rescheduled a NY trip ... other trips TBC
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I have 3 holidays booked for this year, 2 have contacted me and i have said to both if you can get me the same holiday, same dates, hotel flights for the same price i will happily reschedule. Not had a response yet

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Trinacham
Having Dinner with Goofy

A refund - I'd rather have the money in my pocket, then I can decide later if I want to rebook!
Trinacham is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
We’ve had one holiday cancelled already last month, I asked for a refund & got it quite quickly, the next holiday in July I’m assuming will also not go ahead, initially I decided I would gladly amend but to May next year as same dates next July was over £700 more, the May price was a bit cheaper than what we’ve paid for July but has now gone up £500 other alternative holidays I’ve looked at & would be willing to swap to keep going up too so at this rate I’ll be wanting a refund, I’m not paying all that extra for the same or similar standard holiday, both booked with Jet2holidays

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023

Edited at 05:06 PM.
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I asked for a refund for our cruise that was beginning of April. But this is because we already have a cruise for July 2021.

The Florida holiday I’m not sure of yet. I suppose if they could do the same holiday and it was guaranteed virgin was safe company then I would probably reschedule.

There’s just so many components to consider. If Disney isn’t open then I wouldn’t want to go as it would be a waste due to having annual pass.

If I reschedule how do I know what insurance will be like (ours is annual from 1st January and hasn’t been written for next year yet) and virgin don’t seem safe.

Also what if we run into financial difficulties then we would want the money back.

Just so difficult
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Cancel before balance due
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Today would have been our travel day
We cancelled everything our money is now safe in our bank,
to re book for 2021 when the free dining is released.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think i would ask for refund. They are hiking up prices for next year and hoping no one notices, unless they could rebook my holiday for next year at no extra or say add on %of inflation (whatever rate is at the moment). Although prices will have gone up by next year, the cost of fuel is dropping! So many factors to consider.